Visa application!!!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:48 am

Silly question, but why the urgency?

Surely your employer, being Finnish, or working in Finland, knows the system at least as well as yourself?

If your employer is setting the deadlines then your issue is not with Immigration and their bureaucracy, but your employer! At the very least you should apprise your employer of the process.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

joefal

Post by joefal » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:20 pm

No No. My Employer has no deadlines and he can even extend the dates if necessary and he is trying his level best to get things processed faster, but since I lost a lot of time for issuing my passport. You wont believe it. It took me 4 months to get a new passport :( :( .(you should get an idea how the goverment employees in india work) :evil:

So to make up for the lost time i want to get there at the earliest that all..
i hope its clear to you now at least

Joe

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:01 pm

In that case don't sweat it. Things take time. Usually, outside of the normal stuff, like making sure that you have all the paperwork in the corect form and at the right time, there is little you can do. If your employer has written asking for a hurry up then you can rest easy. There are more important things to worry about such as: will it ever stop raining!

Don't lose sleep over it.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:33 pm

joefal wrote:you should get an idea how the goverment employees in india work
Rest assured after dealing with UVI and KELA you know where the masters reside... :wink:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

joefal

Post by joefal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:29 am

Hi there everybody thanks for all your help. :D :D

Well here is some good news!!!!!!! I got a response from the Visa Official in Delhi and they say that my Residence permit is approved. :lol: :lol:
I have to show them a one way ticket and a 2 weeks medical insurance policy after which they will stamp the permit on my passport.

Just one question here... when i arrive there in Finland what is the procedure to apply for the work permit?? can anyone help me out.

Also can anyone help me out with some of the good airlines operating from India to Helsinki. Good meaning not the fare(my boss pays for it)but the service and the facilities that they provide onboard.

Thanks a lot once again . members for your valuable suggestions:)
Joe(excited)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:43 am

joefal wrote:
Also can anyone help me out with some of the good airlines operating from India to Helsinki. Good meaning not the fare(my boss pays for it)but the service and the facilities that they provide onboard.

Joe(excited)
Play with the tool ..when I have traveled to/from India I have used SAS via Copenhagen as they seem to have more sensibile connections to/from Helsinki.
http://ibp2.scandinavian.net/timetable/ ... asp?MKT=FI

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:21 am

joefal wrote:Hi there everybody thanks for all your help. :D :D

Well here is some good news!!!!!!! I got a response from the Visa Official in Delhi and they say that my Residence permit is approved. :lol: :lol:
I have to show them a one way ticket and a 2 weeks medical insurance policy after which they will stamp the permit on my passport.

Just one question here... when i arrive there in Finland what is the procedure to apply for the work permit?? can anyone help me out.
If you have got a residence permit, then that automatically means that you have got a work permit. There is no separate work permit anymore. It is supposed to be a "worker's residence permit". Isn't your residence permit issued to you on the basis of your job in Finland?

As for flights, I have used BA, KLM, Swiss, and Lufthansa in the past for Delhi-Helsinki. They are all quite good.

Welcome!

lalc

Post by lalc » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:55 am

joefal wrote: Just one question here... when i arrive there in Finland what is the procedure to apply for the work permit?? can anyone help me out.

Joe(excited)
First, CONGRATS!!!

Normally, you should have applied for your work permit along with your resident permit. If not, you can go to the local police station and get it done pretty fast. I believe your employer has got the opinion of labour earlier itself, didnt they?

As for airlines, KLM offers one of the best service. SAS is also good. Where are you coming to in Finland?
I prefer not doing it, if I can't be passionate about it.