I need some advise please.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Pursuivant

Re: I need some advise please.

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Finnish isn't "mandatory", but depending on the job niche it might be required. Basically in IT you need to speak "computer" first and foremost, unless you're first line support or then in marketing/account manager/project manager towards a Finnish company or outsourced but even then English usually is sufficient. It varies a whole lot. Sometimes you get people not hired into a position where you dont need the language, while then theres people hired to direct customer service with about 5 words... depends a whole lot on things.
But that doesn't give her a free meal ticket. It would be better for her to get UK citizenship.
That wouldn't get her a meal ticket either. Bureaucracy would be a bit easier (in the UK as well).

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Rip wrote:
Kutittaa wrote:I see, she's in the same-ish boat because he's EU. But that doesn't give her a free meal ticket. It would be better for her to get UK citizenship. Or would Finland see that as a 'shortcut' (unsure of the right phrase) to getting into Finland?

What rights does she have then if she's married to an EU national?

Right to come here on the same terms as her husband. As long as they are married and live together I don't her citizenship makes much difference (apart from voting rights in EU elections). Only case where it related to immigration perhaps would be relevant is if she had a job and he did not. If employed (or otherwise able to support himself) he can clearly come here, and even bring a wife. The same perhaps does not apply if the employment statuses are reversed.

If they can't support themselves, they can't officially move here even if they were both EU citizens.
Well that explains a lot. Now I know how tons of immigrants couples I've seen have gotten here. That's pretty lenient.
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes, EU makes the light shine out of peoples ass.... :lol:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Kutittaa wrote:
Well that explains a lot. Now I know how tons of immigrants couples I've seen have gotten here. That's pretty lenient.
nah, everyone needs a significant other or the other way is to screw around :) I, and many others, are/might not be interested in local ladies due to various reasons so importing foreign meat is not such a bad idea. :thumbsup:
Image Image

Sami-Is-Boss

Post by Sami-Is-Boss » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Kutittaa, you are the perfect embodiment of the saying 'there is no crueller master that a former slave'.