Thinking about moving here? Read - "Culture Shock! Finland"

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Phil

Thinking about moving here? Read - "Culture Shock! Fin

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:29 am

I strongly recommend that any of you who are thinking/planning on moving to Finland should all read, "Culture Shock! Finland: A Guide to Customs and Etiquette"

It's an excellent book about life here in Finland for a foreigner. It's written by a British woman who has spent a LOT of time here (although never actually lived here for a long time).

The book is a very easy to read, is very thorough, and honest about life in Finland. Although I didn't agree with everything the author said, it really gave me an insight about Finland before I moved here.

Personally, I think it should be required reading for all foreigners before they move to this country.

Here is an Amazon.com link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/red ... 58685928/0

Here is a description from Amazon....
Amazon.com wrote:You'll never feel intimidated and awkward about the customs and etiquette of another country again. With the insights provided in this CULTURE SHOCK! Guide, you'll learn to see beyond the stereotypes and misinformation that often precede a visit to a foreign land. Whether you plan to stay for a week or for a year, you'll benefit from such topics as understanding the rules of driving and monetary systems, religious practices and making friends. There are tips on political traditions, building business relationships, and the particular intricacies of setting up a home or office. Great for the business traveler, the foreign exchange student, or the tourist who makes a sincere attempt to cross the bridge into a new and exciting culture.

Thinking about moving here? Read - "Culture Shock! Fin

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic