Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
User avatar
Keplerinvaimo
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Herttoniemi

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Keplerinvaimo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Flossy1978 wrote:Thanks LOL.

Well, it sucks even more so, since I am moving a mere 3.5km. From one side of Klaukkala to the other LOL. So I am just shoving everything into plastic bags. And hoping all my friends will turn up to help me carry them all.
I hope you get lots of helping hands on the day :)


Image Image

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 pm

I came to Finland first for study, then I met my boyfriend and we have lived for 2 years in the coming August. We were told by a police officer that we can apply for Type A Residence Permit. I read some posts and comments about rejection of the application in different situations,like financial support.
I want to ask if anyone can provide a list of document needed or like a memo for me and the others about what things should we pay attention to. (Such as, How much does my boyfriend need to earn in order to prove that he can cover my financial support?)

Thank you very much for any useful information :-)


User avatar
Kutittaa
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Kutittaa » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Use search. Theres currently 3 threads where people have presented the same sort of situation and the answers have been given.
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Can you post the links or searching keywords here if you have any? I tried to search but there is no such info. about required document and so on :(
Thanks so much!!


Flossy1978
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Flossy1978 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 pm

If you are the one filling out the forms, I would assume the forms would tell you what you need.

Basically you've got to prove you've been in the relationship for as long as you have.

Didn't you read what you need when you decided to apply for this???


Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Rip » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 pm

kirafin2012 wrote:Can you post the links or searching keywords here if you have any? I tried to search but there is no such info. about required document and so on :(
Thanks so much!!

Could you start by telling on what status is your boyfriend here?


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Rip wrote:
kirafin2012 wrote:Can you post the links or searching keywords here if you have any? I tried to search but there is no such info. about required document and so on :(
Thanks so much!!

Could you start by telling on what status is your boyfriend here?
Sorry for incomplete information. I was randomly reading some posts and just jumped out some questions from my mind :P

For my boyfriend:
He is a native Finn, 23, got a job with decent salary, i guess.. ( 630e for supporting my living IF I am unemployed, he earns >2300e a month after tax)
We started dating in April 2010 living together in Aug 2010.

For myself:
I am an UAS student from Hong Kong, 22, will graduate in this winter but permit ends in late August 2013. I support my study and my living all by my own and I should get around a year for applying the Permit A.

I was told by someone that I can apply for Permit A for longer stay after living tgt for 2 years when i was making social security number in 2010. When I knew this information, we were just together for half a year, i didn't have any plan for longer stay. So far, we have been together more than 2 years and things between us go well. I plan to stay longer this year but we are not ready for marriage as we think we are not mature enough for a new family. Actually I got some document/papers for the application but I am not sure if they are enough for making the RP since we are not married. What I have are:

- rental contract with both names
- a cert. stating that I am single in Hong Kong
- a cert. stating that I am not/were not criminal/ involved in any crimes in Hong Kong

Does our situation look positive or what else I should provide in order to make things go smoother?
Thanks for any answers in advance :)


Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Rip » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm

kirafin2012 wrote: He is a native Finn
Which means you don't have worry about income requirements.
- rental contract with both names
Presumably also you have both been registered with the correct (same) address by the magistrate office?
- a cert. stating that I am single in Hong Kong
Check the requested attachments in the application form. That might be needed.
- a cert. stating that I am not/were not criminal/ involved in any crimes in Hong Kong

I doubt they are interested in that.
Does our situation look positive or what else I should provide in order to make things go smoother?
It would seem likely the application would be approved as you seem to match the conditions. As the residence permit will be more or less (it is bit vague, see for example the thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63898 ) dependent on the continuation of your relationship it would be prudent to get a job (also for immigration purposes) to get/keep a job, in the case you two would part your ways but you would still want to stay.


Upphew
Posts: 10151
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Upphew » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm

kirafin2012 wrote:Sorry for incomplete information. I was randomly reading some posts and just jumped out some questions from my mind :P

For my boyfriend:
He is a native Finn, 23, got a job with decent salary, i guess.. ( 630e for supporting my living IF I am unemployed, he earns >2300e a month after tax)
We started dating in April 2010 living together in Aug 2010.

For myself:
I am an UAS student from Hong Kong, 22, will graduate in this winter but permit ends in late August 2013. I support my study and my living all by my own and I should get around a year for applying the Permit A.

I was told by someone that I can apply for Permit A for longer stay after living tgt for 2 years when i was making social security number in 2010. When I knew this information, we were just together for half a year, i didn't have any plan for longer stay. So far, we have been together more than 2 years and things between us go well. I plan to stay longer this year but we are not ready for marriage as we think we are not mature enough for a new family. Actually I got some document/papers for the application but I am not sure if they are enough for making the RP since we are not married. What I have are:

- rental contract with both names
- a cert. stating that I am single in Hong Kong
- a cert. stating that I am not/were not criminal/ involved in any crimes in Hong Kong

Does our situation look positive or what else I should provide in order to make things go smoother?
Thanks for any answers in advance :)
Applying RP based on family ties needs either a marriage or co-habitation of 2 years. If you have had same address as your bf for 2 years in Finnish registry, then you got maybe the most clear cut case for family RP that you can have without marriage.

http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... habitation
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm

It would seem likely the application would be approved as you seem to match the conditions. As the residence permit will be more or less (it is bit vague, see for example the thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63898 ) dependent on the continuation of your relationship it would be prudent to get a job (also for immigration purposes) to get/keep a job, in the case you two would part your ways but you would still want to stay.
Thanks for your answer :)
Do you mean that I should get a job (Whatever job, low-skilled/high-skilled job) to secure myself that I can stay in Finland for another reason? One more question, can i go to those full-time finnish course from city government after I applied for the RP? I am considered as a Oulu citizen since I am registered in oulu police station. I would like to learn better Finnish for getting a job as I know it is really difficult to get a job in Finland and low-skilled job employer may not willing to make working permit for me :( Anyway, I hope I have good luck for that... I worked as a marketing trainee in SME beofre but well, internship only lasted for 4 months :P


Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Rip » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

kirafin2012 wrote: Do you mean that I should get a job (Whatever job, low-skilled/high-skilled job) to secure myself that I can stay in Finland for another reason?
...or because if you end up getting married here with two kids(*), a family with two employed parents has it better than one with only one... As you are graduating with an UAS degree I would try to get a job appropriate for it at first. Personally I would consider any job better than none at all, but I am not sure if future potential employers would agree in practice...
One more question, can i go to those full-time finnish course from city government after I applied for the RP?
Can you do if you're just a student? (Just applying for a permit does not yet change your status). Consider also what courses are locally available (for some relatively small fee). Probably most of them start in or around beginning of September, and registration starts some time before that (= fairly soon).


(*) At that you would not of course need to worry about a residence permit any more...


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:31 pm

thanks for all you guys help. I think I got some plans for the application. I don't mind to work as cleaner or waitress but I dont know if employer will help me to make working permit for this kind of low-skilled job, they may prefer to get a local with RP already ... Of course IF I can get a proper job in any company regarding to my study would be the BEST ;)

The worst situation maybe just get married before my B permit ends and apply the A permit in Hong Kong and at the same time find a job for money :P
Anyway, thanks so much.


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm

...or because if you end up getting married here with two kids(*), a family with two employed parents has it better than one with only one... As you are graduating with an UAS degree I would try to get a job appropriate for it at first. Personally I would consider any job better than none at all, but I am not sure if future potential employers would agree in practice...

haha, two kids in one year is pretty impossible! unless, it is twins lol


Flossy1978
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Yes you can easily have two children in a year. You can get pregnant easily within the first month after having a child. It's been known to happen. My friend had this happen. Don't know how she had sex in a month's time after having a child, but it happened. My girlfriend in high school had her birthday the same year as her older sister.

It's more comon than you think.


kirafin2012
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Personal experience with RP and Appealing a decision

Post by kirafin2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

oh, i am browsing through this forum to check if there is post talking about Finnish courses in Oulu, some of the info is a bit out-dated, links even dont work :P I would like to ask if somebody from Oulu had experience on good Finnish courses which I can attend when I will be in Oulu again in late August. It can be few hours in a week and not a full time course as I still have my own study in UAS even though it'll be quite relaxing. Tuition language needs to be in English if I had bad experience for learning Finnish in Finnish when I was in Kajaani evening school. Many thanks <3


Post Reply