Finding a Job in Finland - version 2

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
r.m2009

Re: Finding a Job in Finland - version 2

Post by r.m2009 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

finding job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 am

I was at a café today, and I asked a person that worked there if he could unlock the door to the toilet, "voisitko avata oven?" (at least that's what I think I said, I learnt the phrase only seconds before from my teacher), he replied with a confused look on his face and said "English?" :D .

By the way, is there such a thing as minimum wage in Finland? What could one expect to be paid per hour working in a grocery store, cleaning staff at a café or another entry level job?

Wolfe

Post by Wolfe » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:21 am

I would like to find out the general outlook of the media (both conventional and interactive) industry and the job opportunities in the media industry of Finland such as TV, film, game and music production. Is finding job and working within these areas a bigger deal than it is in other EU countries. What is the situation of the economy of Finland's media industry? Suppose I know Finnish.

dave071061

Post by dave071061 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 am

Wolfe wrote:I would like to find out the general outlook of the media (both conventional and interactive) industry and the job opportunities in the media industry of Finland such as TV, film, game and music production. Is finding job and working within these areas a bigger deal than it is in other EU countries. What is the situation of the economy of Finland's media industry? Suppose I know Finnish.
If you spoke fluent Finnish, had experience and the contacts within the Finnish media industry then I guess it would be no bigger a deal than finding a media job in other EU countries, i.e. hard but not impossible.
Without Finnish: Pretty much impossible, why hire someone who doesn´t speak Finnish when there are plenty who speak Finnish, English and others
Without Experience: Pretty much impossible, why hire someone without experience when there are plenty of experienced people looking for work
Without Contacts: Pretty much impossible, why hire someone with no idea of what their work ethic is like or what their personality is like when there are plenty of applicants who you would be able to check out by asking around within the industry