Moving to finland, would love any advise about my HUGE step

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
N_kelee

Post by N_kelee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:25 pm

Regardless of what you want to study, the most important thing is to study, since you're still young. If possible study a degree at university or polytechnical school. You will have access to langauges classes, teachers and the possibility of many new friends complete with a whole network that will help you settle in quicker. You have family there, so you can start using your Finnish from day one.
Try and arrange that your studies will start within a short time of you ariving in Finland so that you settle down into a normal routine and normal life.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

danita

Post by danita » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Hei! I am from Argentina, and probably moving to finland next April. I am very nervous about my moving there too. My culture is completely different from yours, none the less, I still find the experience challenging and positive. From my point of view, Finland is a unique place in the world, people are strange, language hard, weather sometimes hard to deal with, but it doesn´t mean we can´t relate to people or have a great time there. I suppose It is all up to you. And what I can infer from what people have been trying to tell you is that if you move being so confident about yourself, then the shock will seem even harder, and you might feel dissapointed. Give yourself time to think this whole thing over and once you have realised that you are about to change your life, you will understand what I am trying to say. Good luck

And for all the rest, sorry about the spelling mistakes.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:29 pm

danita wrote:
sorry about the spelling mistakes.
Well I only spotted one spelling mistake...I usualy make 10 times that number in a much shorter text. :oops: Welcome to Finland..

dissapointed = disappointed...I think... :?

danita

kiitos!!

Post by danita » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Sorry! You´re right, disappointed.

:oops:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:55 pm

Why be sorry? Just say 'oops' and continue :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

dafd

Post by dafd » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:53 pm

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."