Is it easy to move to finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm from philippines and my fiancee and I were getting married this year here in my country I'm just curious if its easy to get visa after getting married here,.I hope anybody can give me some advice same time I'm learning some of the language of finnish too a little bit hard but I can take it..
I'm 22 years old and I'm hoping anyone has some info on getting visa...

thank you...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kutittaa

Re: Is it easy to move to finland?

Post by Kutittaa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Use your eyes there are a million threads explaining the process.

The most important question is: "If you get a visa, what are you go to do here?" And is your answer good enough to be granting you a visa?
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Thank you for the response,

If I get the visa I'm staying as a house wife and when I already got the residence permit I work and help my husband and saving the money to move back here in my country..

I'm just curious cost some of the forums says" its easy and some are its hard"

well I really appreciate your time by posting your response :)

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Visa is for visiting (up to three months), Residence Permit is for residing.

Getting RP is as easy as it is to prove the relationship is real and not just to get the RP.

As for Visa... the Finnish embassy stops (stopped) handling them today. The whole embassy shuts down in the end of the year. You can be sure that the Norwegians will scratch their heads with new stuff they get on their desks...
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah the very good thing to do is get the RP my fiancee and I already know about that the Finnish embassy of Manila are closing this year,..and Norwegian Embassy will be the one who will handle about the papers of moving there,..

Im really worried about it too I hope everything will be fine coz were both cant stand living apart again,..

And I'm so excited to see how the country of finland..

thanks for your response :)

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Wait what? You want to stay here so you can be a house wife? While you save money to go back to the Philippines anyway?

Sorry but 'housewife' is not a good enough reason to get a permit, being a housewife is doing nothing.. You can be a housewife in Philippines...

And you won't be able to 'save' anything here while you are doing nothing... ^

Also, for good measure, anyone saying it is easy, is an idiot.

sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Well not just a house wife beside i still have to adopt the place first before having some work well I already have place where to work there coz his best friend already gave me some job whenever im ready to work,..

And yeah saving money both me and my fiancee,..because he wants to live here in my country when the time we get old and have some business here since he really dont like the weather there,..but yeah I really appreciate your kindness by your response of my post,.

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Sorry, I just think that it's a stupid idea to think that you will pay to move to Finland, and then save money in Finland so you can just go back to the Philippines. It just sounds really unrealistic. You can't really put 'saving money' and 'Finland' in the same sentence. But I guess you can try.

Logic

Post by Logic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Is there any particular reason you're choosing Finland and not Norway for example? What are your husband's qualifications? I guess if he or you are nurses then you might have a chance but even then you need to apply to a subcontractor in the Philippines. With what you've written here, it's almost certain you won't get any visa and definitely no residence permit.

sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Well I really appreciate for all of you by taking some time of reading my post and some good response too

God bless you all

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Logic wrote:Is there any particular reason you're choosing Finland and not Norway for example? What are your husband's qualifications? I guess if he or you are nurses then you might have a chance but even then you need to apply to a subcontractor in the Philippines. With what you've written here, it's almost certain you won't get any visa and definitely no residence permit.
I think the OP's future husband is Finnish.

Maybe you should think about changing your pseudo :wink:

Logic

Post by Logic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Point taken.

ywetka

Post by ywetka » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:16 pm

well, it's probably possible to be in Finland and save money... you don't have to forget that e.g. 1 EUR here is worth much much more in Philipines (also in a lot of other countries) :-). And you don't know how much her (future) husband earns... if they could save e.g. 1000 EUR a month (this is doable) then after couple of years they will have nice sum that would mean !"#¤% here, but there you could possibly buy a nice house and start some business, you never know.
And this is interesting but can't someone get visa even though he doesn't work, when he can prove enough money in bank? Because that's how I got my RR.. (but I'm from EU). Just curious...

tizlit

Post by tizlit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:56 am

Save money while working in Finland ? 1000 E per month ? Please give me this magic recipe.

Life is very expensive, even if it looks like you earn a considerable amount, it all goes.
Take your pink sunglasses off, stop dreaming that you just arrive here, start working for your friend after you have RP in order, then save money and off you go to Philippines with loads of money.

sweetyAsia

Post by sweetyAsia » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 am

Well yeah everybody is saying its not easy and I know it besides i'm not dreaming something that is not possible,..i already take my board and and i'll try to work there as a nurse,..well i am so glad for all the warm and good comments I have here,..

Its so nice to read post of those really good people like you here spending some a little minute reading my post,,..

have a nice day everyone and god bless you all :)