Hey All

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
efahey

Hey All

Post by efahey » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:40 am

Hey everyone, I've posted here before. Just wanted to say Hi! I am an American, moving to Finland hopefully by next month. I should hear a response about my job interviews in Finland this week.

If they are positive as soon as I get my Visa I will be there permanently. I believe the . has meetings? I'd love to meet some folks in my same situation if those ever come around. Any suggestions?

Liz

Hey All

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Malla

Post by Malla » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm

Hi,

I know how the move can be scary. I left Australia over a year and a half ago for the UK and will now be going to Finland in about a week. I know some Finnish people aren't that talkative, but I am hoping my really bad Finnish skills will give them something to laugh at.

Let me know when you get to Finland and where abouts you are going. It will be nice meeting someone in the same circumstances as me.

M

efahey

Post by efahey » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:47 am

Malla,

I'll definitely contact you, but I won't be in Finland for atleast a month or two from now.

Seriously though, what is up with Finnish Companies? I have now had 2 finnish companies promise me a job and then totally ignore me after that. Last I checked Fins were known for shyness not lying :/ My latest job intervew had the guy telling me he would contact me by next week for sure (this was last week) and I still haven't heard from him. I've even sent in a polite information reminder e-mail with nada.

Anyone have any suggestions to get these buggers to stop dissing me?

Liz

eric71

Post by eric71 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:47 pm

efahey,

I've just been to an interview today myself. I've found Finnish companies can be very cautious and take a long time before actually comitting to anything. So now I'm in the same boat. Fly back to the US feeling very positive, but knowing it could be a while before I actually know anything.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon.

Eric

greenhorn

Post by greenhorn » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:19 am

I am also moving to Finland sometime in the first week of October.Hope to meet u guys when u move in Finland.