planning a long time ahead but...

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ceili

Post by ceili » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:40 pm

hey everyone
i'm an 18yr old female from australia, and for no apparent reason whatsoever, i want to one day live in finland. i've only ever been to one country in europe before, Ireland, and i know that i like the cold and wet better than heat and sunshine! i know i'm an abnormal australian!!!

so for anyone who might have some ideas, what is the best way to go about moving (alone) to the other side of the world?

obviously i'll need to speak finnish, do you think that you can teach yourself sufficiently, or would their be courses running in the capital cities? (nb i've learned one word already --> punainin <-- because my fish is red and i wanted to call him something finnish :-> )

i'm only first year uni, so i won't be graduating until the end of 2007. if i stay in the same degree (which im fairly sure i want to do) i will be either a physical education teacher or an exercise/sports scientist/physiologist. in terms of getting a job in finland, i was thinking that pe teacher is probably a better idea, what do you think?

also i hope to have an irish dancing teachers certificate, and i've heard that irish danicng is quite popular in finland (there are already a few studios there) so that will be something that may help financially i guess, as a side project.

living expenses? i can research this myself but often people who have experienced it can tell you the not so obvious things.

and anything else? any thoughts and comments, both good and bad, will be appreciated!

thank you!!

my friend just won a silver in the paralympics!!! yay!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:02 pm

ceili wrote:also i hope to have an irish dancing teachers certificate, and i've heard that irish danicng is quite popular in finland
Hank, might be interested in this bit... :twisted: