Housing in the Helsinki-Espoo area

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
TrishPaakkonen

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Wed May 07, 2003 6:36 pm

If anyone knows of a 3 bedroom flat or house available in the Helsinki- Espoo area for the fall 2003, please let me know. ( long term lease , if possible ). Many thanks!

Trish

[email protected]

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed May 07, 2003 6:42 pm

Woah I hear expensive there!!! What about joining our rebel group out in Vantaa? Its quite nice around Myyrmaki, flats good price, shopping centre and only about 20 mins on the train :D

TrishPaakkonen

Housing in VANTAA, Helsinki or Espoo :)

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Wed May 07, 2003 6:52 pm

Okay...I'll amend my request : Add Vantaa to the list of places that may or may not have a 3 bedroom. Three of the FIVE kids are moving with us, so I cant imagine anything smaller ( yes we have been " busy " haha).

Two bedrooms might do, but the kids would probably kill one another :)

Trish

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed May 07, 2003 8:33 pm

http://www.etuovi.com is quite good if you can work your way round the site

Have a look here

I just searched for 4 or more rooms, which usually means one is the lounge.

But at least you can get some idea of rent and there is some photos of the buildings too :D [/url]

gavin

Post by gavin » Wed May 07, 2003 9:16 pm

Donald

Re: Housing in the Helsinki-Espoo area

Post by Donald » Sun May 11, 2003 12:41 pm

Hei Trish,

A good person to call is Hannu Keinänen from LEL. LEL is an insurance company that has a number of units both residential and commercial throughout the greater Helsinki area. Hannu is a real quality guy who we were going to lease from if we had moved to Helsinki but instead I am going to Ilmajoki. He has great English skills and I know him personally. Don't be afraid to use my name and let him know you came from .. If he can't help you he will direct you to who can. The units he has are outstanding and moderately priced. All have high speed internet access. Good luck and tell him I will be in touch...

Best wishes,
Donald
TrishPaakkonen wrote:If anyone knows of a 3 bedroom flat or house available in the Helsinki- Espoo area for the fall 2003, please let me know. ( long term lease , if possible ). Many thanks!

Trish

[email protected]

Donald

Re: Housing in the Helsinki-Espoo area

Post by Donald » Sun May 11, 2003 12:43 pm

It would help if I gave you his telephone number, right? :lol:

09 150 6212

Donald wrote:Hei Trish,

A good person to call is Hannu Keinänen from LEL. LEL is an insurance company that has a number of units both residential and commercial throughout the greater Helsinki area. Hannu is a real quality guy who we were going to lease from if we had moved to Helsinki but instead I am going to Ilmajoki. He has great English skills and I know him personally. Don't be afraid to use my name and let him know you came from .. If he can't help you he will direct you to who can. The units he has are outstanding and moderately priced. All have high speed internet access. Good luck and tell him I will be in touch...

Best wishes,
Donald
TrishPaakkonen wrote:If anyone knows of a 3 bedroom flat or house available in the Helsinki- Espoo area for the fall 2003, please let me know. ( long term lease , if possible ). Many thanks!

Trish

[email protected]

Phil

Re: Housing in VANTAA, Helsinki or Espoo :)

Post by Phil » Sun May 11, 2003 5:38 pm

TrishPaakkonen wrote:of the FIVE kids are moving with us, so I cant imagine anything smaller (Trish
Please shoot me if I ever have five kids.

WebDesEyen

Re: Housing in VANTAA, Helsinki or Espoo :)

Post by WebDesEyen » Mon May 12, 2003 10:54 am

Phil wrote:Please shoot me if I ever have five kids.
wouldn't some minor surgery be a lot easier?
i should have studied something basic, like quantummechanics...