Another go at it...

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Papu

Another go at it...

Post by Papu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:32 am

Hi,

I´ve tried living in Finland already once, and am now ready for another try. Last time I fled after 2 months of living in kuopio (what a hole), in the darkest winter and without a job or language courses (except in Uni, but they suck)....

But I´ll try again (yes, she´s THAT beautiful :shock: ) and need some encouragement after my failed first attempt.

If you´ve got nice things to say about Suomi, then post,post,post,... I need all the convincing I can get!

Cheers,
:-)

Another go at it...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

khu

Post by khu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:56 am

She's that beautiful, so what else do you need? :D What is more important in this life than love?

Humbly submitted,

An Incurable Romantic

Hee

Post by Hee » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:39 am

Firstly get away from Kuopio!!
No offence to Kuopioites, but you've had a terrible experience there and so going back to Kuopio will be the worst mistake you can make. You already don't like it, so don't look back.
Choose another city, choose a bigger city. Talk to your girlfriend and travel to a few different cities and spend a few days in each (choose two or three) and see which one gives you that "I could LIVE MY LIFE here".
Is your girl friend prepared to move away from Kuopio?
You need to think about your life and what you want to do and what she wants to do. I suggest you try a city/town where you can do the things that interest you and where you have chances of finding a job.
Maybe your gf and you have to live in separate cities? better than giving up on the relationship and living in separate countries. If you have money you can make it work, but you have options so it depends on what sacrifices you are both willing to make for each other.

Best wishes to you both
Last edited by Hee on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:17 pm

Nice things about Suomi?
Makkara!
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:36 pm

Hank W. wrote:Nice things about Suomi?

Makkara!
yeah, especially the mechanically recovered meart in it... :?
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

bretti_kivi

Post by bretti_kivi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:21 pm

kuopio's not exactly teeming with life, i have to say, unless you're up for the quiet life... as we are. but i think you have to be a little masochistic (or have bl00dy good reasons) to stay here, especially if you're from the big city. remember, there's only 90k people here.... and that ain't many.

kuopio's advantages? the city itself is pleasant. you can get out to rönö any time you feel like it. but it is quite dark in comparison to helsinki.
oh, and Trube's danish pastries...:D

Bret
"I have no further comments at this time"

kukkuluuruu

Post by kukkuluuruu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:06 pm

uh, i always liked Kuopio, though i only was there during summertime
and then it was like a big city for me, cause at that time i was a mansikkapoimija then ... ;-)
i don't know who told me, but i heard the Kuopians are the funniest finns...
with some special humour...
and the Kalakukko comes from there... another reason to be there to get the freshest one...
Image Jos terva, sauna tai viina ei auta, niin kuolema.