how is Hyvinkaa??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rk

how is Hyvinkaa??

Post by rk » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:45 pm

Hi ,

I am new to the forum and found it real impressive with it's immense info about Finland.Yet I have some questions esp about Hyvinkaa
I would like to know a few details about the place Hyvinkaa eg,the cost of living,International schools for children,how much would a decent apartment/house comfortable enough for a little kid to loiter in cost?
Also I would like to know if anyone is working for Kone in Hyvinkaa?.
what is the type of basic salary one can expect (rather negotiate) for a person with 8 yrs of experience in design at Kone?.
Lastly ,any Indians u know of in Hyvinakaa ?
There are so many other questions buzzing in my head right now,but I shall leave those for later.

I would be so glad if any of you could help me asap

bye
rk

how is Hyvinkaa??

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:38 pm

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

teme

Post by teme » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:41 pm

Hyvinkää is a small town by the railroad to Helsinki, pretty nice one actually as those go. Housing is relatively cheap, maybe 500 a month for something suitable to a family. It is small enough that you can actually walk everywhere which is pleasant and cuts your expenses considerably, OTOH finding fellow Indians or an English speaking school might be a problem. One option would be to live in another city nearby such as Järvenpää or even Hämeenlinna.

3000 euros a month is normal for an engineer in Helsinki area, that's something like 2200 after taxes. However, at Kone with you experience, I'd ask for more. There is only one way to find out...

rk

thanx a lot

Post by rk » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:06 pm

thanx a lot hank & teme for ur messages

rk