Private Courier service

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Frankie abbot

Private Courier service

Post by Frankie abbot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Can anyone recommend a private courier service who will directly bring antique goods to Helsinki from the U.K directly from the seller to the final destination ? I need some stuff shipped over and want to make sure the goods are not damaged in shipping so don´t really want to use a larger courier service..

Private Courier service

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

zetorpilot

Re: Private Courier service

Post by zetorpilot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Well, the firm I work for moves antiques, artworks, design furniture etc regularly for private individuals, auction houses, dealers etc. We go to the UK - all over Europe in fact - very regularly. The next time I will be going to the UK is probably just after Easter, although it may well be that there will be someone going before that as the firm has several vehicles.

If you'd like to PM me I'll send you the firm's name and boss's contact details (I don't like to advertise directly on the forum, it doesn't seem, er, seemly, and in any case I'm just a worker ;-) )

"Z"

JpVibe

Post by JpVibe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 pm

zetorpilot wrote:Well, the firm I work for moves antiques, artworks, design furniture etc regularly for private individuals, auction houses, dealers etc. We go to the UK - all over Europe in fact - very regularly. The next time I will be going to the UK is probably just after Easter, although it may well be that there will be someone going before that as the firm has several vehicles.

If you'd like to PM me I'll send you the firm's name and boss's contact details (I don't like to advertise directly on the forum, it doesn't seem, er, seemly, and in any case I'm just a worker ;-) )

"Z"
Zetorpilot,

I'd like to PM you for info about shipping from UK to Finland but can't seem to see the option to PM you.....?

Thanks

JP

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Clicking on my (or any other) user name brings up a profile page which has a PM link.
Cheers,
"Z"

Frankie abbot

Post by Frankie abbot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Zetorpilot I sent you a pm , thanks .

JpVibe

Post by JpVibe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Thanks, it's there now. The button must have been disabled or something. PM with you soon.

coolboy740

Post by coolboy740 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 pm

try DHL, Fedex, TNT.

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am

coolboy740 wrote:try DHL, Fedex, TNT.
Hmmm... if they were my own antiques - and trying to forget for a moment that transporting things like antiques, artwork and peoples' belongings is how I make my living - I might send something valuable this way if it was properly packed and crated.

I'd be much happier however if they were transported door to door on the same vehicle, driver accompanied the whole way ;-) It does depend what it is though. For example, the firm I work for has the possibility to keep the goods at constant room temperature for the whole journey if needed - that can be a consideration with some types of more delicate artwork.

cvelkoff

Post by cvelkoff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm

zetorpilot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm
Well, the firm I work for moves antiques, artworks, design furniture etc regularly for private individuals, auction houses, dealers etc. We go to the UK - all over Europe in fact - very regularly. The next time I will be going to the UK is probably just after Easter, although it may well be that there will be someone going before that as the firm has several vehicles.

"Z"

I have been trying to find a courier service in Finland so I can ship something to Copenhagen. But I cant seem to PM you.