visa news

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
[email protected]

visa news

Post by [email protected] » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:03 am

Maybe this is old news. But I was told recently from the Finnish Consulate in New York that if you are married to a Finn you can now apply for the residence permit in Finland vs. having to apply abroad and wait until it is approved. Has anybody else heard about this?

visa news

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mookoo

Post by mookoo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:03 am

Yep, and I was very glad to hear it. At first I was trying to apply for the residency permit from here (USA), but I kept having questions about my grounds for applying. It wasn't quite family ties since I was not married to my Finn yet, it wasn't studying, it wasn't work ... on and on. So I thought I was going to have to fill out all this paperwork and answer all these complicated questions but it turns out they will let you move first to get married and then it will be very much simplified. YAY!

Davebub

I was gonna bring my Lady here to NY too

Post by Davebub » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:10 am

I hear it takes about 5 months on the maraige Visa. Recently I called the month before last to get info and they told me they were working on last moths aplications. So acording to them...lol It would take them about 5 months to get her here. I dont really believe it. Government paper work seams to get lost in the back of office desk for many months at a time. But it was what they said. :roll: