Pros And Cons of Moving

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sami-Is-Boss

Re: Pros And Cons of Moving

Post by Sami-Is-Boss » Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm

Finns can often be found studying well into middle age, so 25 is no problem whatsoever

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue May 07, 2013 5:48 pm

So if I pursue my education (university) at my age, I wonder, will that make me an outcast of sorts?
Snort... i went to get my bachelor's degree when I was... 28. Especially in the polytechnics theres a lot of mature students (and special night school lines in some). What was it like... damn, I got invited over to every boozecruise and function that required a "responsible adult"... :lol:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Calle Guerrero

Post by Calle Guerrero » Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 pm

There's one thing that could be considered a pro. I find it super easy to do everyday things in Finland that are much more tedious in other countries. Just a silly example: the cashiers are super fast so you don't spend half of your life waiting in line.

Buying stuff is simple and you mail works so just by buying from ebay you can fill your need for US products.
Most things on society are pretty logical so you don't have to worry about cultyral stuff too much (nothing like going to Japan, for example.)

Finns are cabable of love so if you find someone then that'll help.

Finding friends can be tedious so on that matter studying is a great way to build social circles!