moving Austria -> Finland any expirience?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
gon2o

Post by gon2o » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:01 pm

Hy everyone, i'm from Austria planing to move to Finland next summer.

Are here some Austrian people which can give me some advice, or which i can ask some questiones.

Servus, ich habe vor nach meinem Studienabschluss nach Finnland zu ziehen (war schon mal 6 Monate Auslandssem. in Rovaniemi). Wäre froh wenn ich von euren Erfahrungen profitieren könnte, bzw wenn ich bei wichtigen Fragen jemanden kontaktieren könnte.

Thanx Gon2o

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bretti_kivi

Post by bretti_kivi » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:36 pm

öschis gibt's hier soweit ich weiss net. aber ein paar deutschsprechender.. ;)

was wolltest du wissen?

there's quite a lot of information gathered at the moment, if you're a little more specific....

Bret
"I have no further comments at this time"

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:36 pm

A quick one if nothing else works - these schools sometimes send exchange students over - so they might know someone whos been here for a longer time.

FHS Kufstein Tirol
Fachhochschul - Studiengänge - Burgerland, Eisenstadt
The International Management Center Krems
Universität Klagenfurt
Fachhochschule Joanneum, Graz
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

gon2o

Post by gon2o » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:49 pm

bretti_kivi wrote:öschis gibt's hier soweit ich weiss net.

was wolltest du wissen?

Bret

Eben die "Typisch" österreichischen Sonderfälle, (bei dem Bürokratiestaat der wir eben mal sind gibts da sicher welche). :?

Aber OK, was solls ich werd mal an der Botschaft anklopfen ob die irgendwelche speziellen Unterlagen haben.

Trotzdem, vielen Dank
Kiitos paljon!

Gon2o

sh_a

Post by sh_a » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:16 pm

If you are planning to have a car in Finland, please bring the car from Austria! You can claim it as part of removal goods and then you don't have to pay customs taxes. Prices for the same car in Finland and Austria might differ by 100% almost (depending on car, of course)

Papu

Moving company!

Post by Papu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi!

bin selbst Österreicher und ziehe Ende Februar / Anfang März nach Helsinki...
Wir sollten uns zusammentun, evtl. geht sich ja ein Container aus...

meld dich bitte bei mir unter [email protected]

Nähdään!

Papu
Jabbadabbadooo

bretti_kivi

Post by bretti_kivi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:47 pm

hold on, i wasn't trying to be negative.
was there anything specific you need to know? yes, the moving-vehicle stuff is worth doing; the paperwork to move is as complicated for you as for the rest of us, but the EU makes things significantly easier. when you're here go to maistraatti, poliisilaitos, and don't forget your E303, E301, and E111. then go to the bank and open an account, but the maistraatti is the most important because without the "henkilotunnus" (something like "250275-2459" = sozialversicherungsnummer) you are a nobody. then go to KELA and customs for the car and then katsastus, don't forget all the car paperwork (proof you were in ö, such as a work contract / reference, both car registration docs, the CoC and the insurance paperwork), your new insurance (you'll need at least liikenekasko) and then see what holes they find. even up here, most people can speak some english when pushed.

better place to ask is the finnish consulate in wien.

Bret
"I have no further comments at this time"

pfpaja

Post by pfpaja » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:56 pm

hi,
also zum beispiel ich bin österreicher und leb hier oben, in südfinnland, es gibt angeblich etwa vierhundert österreicher hier. (oder waren es viertausend?)
werd dir aber in bürokratischen dingen wohl nicht helfen können, bin schon zu lang hier., schon alles wieder vergessen. da wissen die in der botschaft sicher das aktuellste.
aber ansonsten, frag nur mal los.

gruss
franz

erwin

hello everybody!

Post by erwin » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:04 pm

i am austrian and planning to move to helsinki in october 06. at the moment i am living with my finnish fiancée in salzburg. just want to say hello to everybody who has or had the same plans;-)

cheers,
erwin

gon2o, papu... wäre toll wenn wir in kontakt kommen würden, um erfahrungen und tipps bezüglich dem umzug auszutauschen. ich beginne gerade mich nach einem job in helsinki umzusehen... mal sehen wie es für controller aussieht;-) würde mich über pm oder mail freuen.

Papu

Holladidiedldidldulio!!!!

Post by Papu » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:32 pm

Hi Erwin, Gon2o,

We´ll be moving from Salzburg to Helsinki in January/March. Erwin: We should definately grab a Glühwein toghether before Christmas!

My phone: 0664 / 34 24 190

We should all get together to organize stuff like transport, etc....

CALL!

Papu
Jabbadabbadooo

Papu

bringing a car

Post by Papu » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:27 am

sh_a wrote:If you are planning to have a car in Finland, please bring the car from Austria! You can claim it as part of removal goods and then you don't have to pay customs taxes. Prices for the same car in Finland and Austria might differ by 100% almost (depending on car, of course)
I was thinking of bringing a car, but if you haven´t owned it for longer than 6 months you have to pay horrendous taxes. Is that correct?

Otherwise I´d still have time to buy it...
Jabbadabbadooo

gon2o

Post by gon2o » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:10 pm

thats right, and you can not sell it as soon you are arrived in Finland. Otherwise the nice "tax-collector" will be ringing at your door :wink:
.... trying to find my way out of here.

Papu

Post by Papu » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:19 pm

gon2o wrote:thats right, and you can not sell it as soon you are arrived in Finland. Otherwise the nice "tax-collector" will be ringing at your door :wink:
That´s pretty bad, ´cause I can´t take my company car and that will mean I can only buy a car short befoe I leave...
But If i´m not planning on selling it, will they also take the tax?

Hey Gon2o, when are you going? I´ll be leaving here end of February... I´ve done lot´s of checking with transport companies... I´ll actaully send most of my stuff with DPD - they´re cheaper than sending a pallet (30 kg´s = 30 €)...

Papu
Jabbadabbadooo

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:43 pm

Which part of "6 months before" do you not understand? And it is "2 years after" and then you can do whatever...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

gon2o

Post by gon2o » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:50 pm

Hey Gon2o, when are you going?
Depends where i get a job. I just started to write my graduation thesis about "Intrusion Detection Systems for Mobile Devices" Most places for IT people are in the south or in Oulo. So most likely it will be around there somewhere. But i have no idea yet. I'll see!
.... trying to find my way out of here.