moving Austria -> Finland any expirience?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
erwin

Post by erwin » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:25 pm

i am also planning to bring a car to finland... to import it tax free you have to own it at least 6 month, but i think even then the car worth in finland must not be over approx. 35000euro. otherwise you pay some extra tax...

but what i also heard is that its still cheaper to bring a car to finland that is owned under 6month & pay the taxes, than to buy one in finland... not only new cars, but also used ones are way more expensive than in austria...

short example: a finnish relative of mine bought a new SAAB Combi (1999) with 200.000km for 19.000 Euro... typical for finland, but in austria nobody would buy a car for this price with that much km..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Papu

Post by Papu » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:05 pm

erwin wrote:i am also planning to bring a car to finland... to import it tax free you have to own it at least 6 month, but i think even then the car worth in finland must not be over approx. 35000euro. otherwise you pay some extra tax...

but what i also heard is that its still cheaper to bring a car to finland that is owned under 6month & pay the taxes, than to buy one in finland... not only new cars, but also used ones are way more expensive than in austria...

short example: a finnish relative of mine bought a new SAAB Combi (1999) with 200.000km for 19.000 Euro... typical for finland, but in austria nobody would buy a car for this price with that much km..
I hope you mean 1.900 € ......... Hey Erwin, I lost your phone-number again.... my e-mail adress is [email protected]

c u ,
Papu
Jabbadabbadooo