renewed residence permt

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
aRabbit

renewed residence permt

Post by aRabbit » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:29 pm

I just got my residence permit A.5 renewed. I am surprised that only "A." is entered on the permit instead of "A.5.". So nowadays they don't need specify which type any more or is there a mistake of any sort?
:?

Reality is when you stop believing, it will not vanish.

renewed residence permt

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sy

Post by sy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:37 pm

Yes, nowadays they just put A, B, or P on the residence permit: A: continuous; B: temporary; P: permanent. However, I think they record the reason to issue the permit in their database.

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:04 pm

yeah. I understood from that lady in the police that there have been some changes.

Thank you

ilikepeanutbutter

Re: renewed residence permt

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:50 pm

aRabbit wrote:I just got my residence permit A.5 renewed. I am surprised that only "A." is entered on the permit instead of "A.5.". So nowadays they don't need specify which type any more or is there a mistake of any sort?
Yep! I had the same thing too:)I thought she forgot to add the 5 to my A visa sticker:D Weird how things change and we don't hear about them. I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status. :roll:

Kat

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:13 pm

ilikepeanutbutter wrote: I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status.
...each blue ticket was pay for two verses of the recitation. Ten blue tickets equaled a red one, and could be exchanged for it; ten red tickets equaled a yellow one; for ten yellow tickets... :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:15 pm

Hank W. wrote:
ilikepeanutbutter wrote: I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status.
...each blue ticket was pay for two verses of the recitation. Ten blue tickets equaled a red one, and could be exchanged for it; ten red tickets equaled a yellow one; for ten yellow tickets... :lol:
Oh no! Hank is speaking in secret residence tongue! Runnnnnnnnn! :twisted: :Dlol

Kat

acwan

Post by acwan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:40 am

ilikepeanutbutter wrote:Yep! I had the same thing too:)I thought she forgot to add the 5 to my A visa sticker:D Weird how things change and we don't hear about them. I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status. :roll:

Kat
And then after you get your permanent (aka green card) status, all you have to do is wait for another 4 years before you can apply for citizenship.
:lol:

khu

Post by khu » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:42 pm

Hank W. wrote:
"...Adam and Eve!"

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:48 pm

David & Goliath, Huck.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

harmaa

Post by harmaa » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:51 pm

ilikepeanutbutter wrote: I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status. :roll:

Kat
Ouch! >_< What if you have them out of order? :/ I've had two temp. 1 year permits, but am not currently living in Finland.

aRabbit

Post by aRabbit » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:14 pm

ilikepeanutbutter wrote:
aRabbit wrote:I just got my residence permit A.5 renewed. I am surprised that only "A." is entered on the permit instead of "A.5.". So nowadays they don't need specify which type any more or is there a mistake of any sort?
Yep! I had the same thing too:)I thought she forgot to add the 5 to my A visa sticker:D Weird how things change and we don't hear about them. I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status. :roll:

Kat
if the permit starts before 01.05.2004, there should still be two years before you can apply for the permanent one.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:03 am

aRabbit wrote:
ilikepeanutbutter wrote:

Kat
if the permit starts before 01.05.2004, there should still be two years before you can apply for the permanent one.
Oh I was included in the "grandfather" clause since my first permit was in 2003 early spring:) Next time I go to apply I'm going for permnant which is good news for me!:)

Kat

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:04 am

harmaa wrote:
ilikepeanutbutter wrote: I know that now you need 4 temp. residence permits before you can have permnant resident status. :roll:

Kat
Ouch! >_< What if you have them out of order? :/ I've had two temp. 1 year permits, but am not currently living in Finland.
I really don't have any idea:S Hank is offically Mr. Residence Man:D He knows all those answers:) I think you can apply for permnany even if you've been away. It just depends if you've had 2 temp permits I think?

Kat

sacred_cycles

Post by sacred_cycles » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:05 pm

My A.5 permit was granted for 1 year 10 months by UVI & it was issued before 01.05.2004. So, is it possible to apply for a PR or I've to first apply for 2 months renewal...does anybody know?

sy

Post by sy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:37 pm

sacred_cycles wrote:My A.5 permit was granted for 1 year 10 months by UVI & it was issued before 01.05.2004. So, is it possible to apply for a PR or I've to first apply for 2 months renewal...does anybody know?
Kind of tricky situation. The best way is to ask the police whether you can apply for the PR directly; otherwise apply for the extension first, and then PR.