Alien's passport and Finnish visa/residency

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:55 pm

Does anyone know the gen concerning a holder of an Estonian issued Alien's visa in respect of getting a Finnish residency, or visa?

A friend wants to join her Finnish boyfriend in Finland, but has been given only a 90 visa with a maximum stay of 20 days. This was not quite what they had in mind...

Is going to college a viable option? If so can one join a vocational college after the start of the academic year?

THX

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simakun

Post by simakun » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:56 pm

i dunno what qualifications yer friend has now or is looking for but since you mentioned a vocational qualification, here's something. i suggest she visit them in person asap and beg to be let in. she doesn't have much time. maybe if they like her, they'd be willing to bend the deadline a little. she's just got to take some kinda english entrance test.

http://www.slk.fi/english/qba/application.htm
If you reason don't you know your own preoccupation is where you'll go - Gotta Get Away by The Offspring

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:30 pm

Thanks,

I think we are looking a tad lower than Business School though. Deadline for Jan apps was Spetember last year and she is going to be in Jyvaskula. Think language school or hairdressing...