i need advice moving stuff to finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
chris h

Post by chris h » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:45 pm

my move is only 6 months away i really need some advice on how to go about organising the moving of my belongs to finland!

does anyone have any experiences on this matter, and what pit falls to be aware of.

feel free to pm me with your suggestions.

cheers all !
chris

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:34 pm

We've just moved from the UK and we used a Finnish company called Beweship who we found to be excellent.
They actually used Allied Pickfords to pack all our stuff into crates and then Beweship came and collected the crates. We had 4 crates in total. Packing started on Tuesday, was finished by Wednesday and in Espoo by the following Wednesday. The Beweship guys would have unpacked the lot for us but we decided to do it ourselves. Some of our stuff is still in their storage warehouse in Vantaa but we are allowed to go and get things when we need them for no extra cost.
HTH
Hannah

PS I see from your profile that you do triathlons...if you want any info on local clubs and swimming pools let me know. Where are you moving to?

matte9d

Post by matte9d » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:43 pm

How much did you pay for the Beweship moving? I reckon some of the moving companies charge you quite much. There are other ones as well for instance victor ek etc.

I you want a cheaper transportation offer. For instance if you pack the goods yourself (saves you at least 50 %) then you could look into this finnish company http://www.travelcargo.fi They are specialized in private persons and have quite cheap transportation options. They also handles normal removals, which of course are !"#¤% expensive...

Iain

Post by Iain » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:44 pm

Shop around.
Try and find a Finnish company whose logistics have screwed up, if they have an empty truck coming back get ready to haggle.