Resident permit on family ties, fast and efficient

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sleepstream

Re: Resident permit on family ties, fast and efficient

Post by Sleepstream » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for the info.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sleepstream

Post by Sleepstream » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Applied in Lahti. No questions asked.

I was told my application will be forwarded to Helsinki and from there we will be contacted regarding interviews.

How are the interviews?

jkmonto

Post by jkmonto » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Sleepstream wrote:How are the interviews?
If you are living together in the same place, and you got married in Finland, probably there won't be any interviews. At least I didn't have one. And I know another couple that didn't have any interview neither.

Sleepstream

Post by Sleepstream » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 pm

jkmonto wrote:
If you are living together in the same place, and you got married in Finland, probably there won't be any interviews. At least I didn't have one. And I know another couple that didn't have any interview neither.
Not married. Family ties by cohabitation for over 2 years.

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Sleepstream wrote:
jkmonto wrote:
Not married. Family ties by cohabitation for over 2 years.
Depends if officials find your cohabitation fishy or not. If there is interview then you better know your spouse.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Sleepstream

Post by Sleepstream » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm

onkko wrote:Depends if officials find your cohabitation fishy or not. If there is interview then you better know your spouse.
How well can one really know a Finnish woman?

But I think I'll be fine if there is any interview.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:31 pm

jkmonto wrote:Hi,

We agreed with my wife about telling to the forum our experience after reading other people problems and struggles with their residence permit.
So, My wife is Finnish and I am a Non EU citizen. After travelling together for a year around the world she decided to come back to Finland and finish her University studies. I decided to follow her and I found myself in Finland, we were not married yet. So things seemed quite complicated here but we decided to get married. We got married in Helsingin käräjäoikeus, civil ceremony, in this place they didn't have any queue for marriages as in maistraatti. So we could have gotten the date of the ceremony for the next day, we just needed to get the proof of non impediment to marry. Which we did in maistraatti and we had to wait 7 days to get, why 7 days? because 7 days is the time that the rest of the citizens have to manifest their objections about the marriage, so this time can't be reduced.
Then we had the ceremony, very simple and fast. After that, maybe two days later, I went to the immigration police office in Pasila, they said that I had to wait almost 2 months to get an appointment to present my application. So I asked if I could apply in another police station different from my place of residence, they were a little bit ambiguous in their answer but I inferred that I could apply anywhere I wanted, just they don't say it too loud. So I asked for an appointment in Salo, which had a lot of free time to receive applications, I got the appointment for 2 days after I asked for it. In Salo they were very friendly and they received all our documents without any problem. They said that the police would contact me if they need more information or when the permit was ready. After only 1 month and 3 weeks, Helsinki Police called my wife and tell her that my permit was ready to pick up, which we did right away. Now I got my permit and I can start a normal life in Finland.
In my humble opinion, this procedure was really efficient and easy. I had lived as a resident in other European countries and I can tell you that the waiting time is no less than 3 months for other residence permits. So I'm quite happy with the service they provided.

By the way, even if they tell you that you can't present your application in other city it is not true, they can't deny to receive you application.
Hi,
I wish I read your pose before.

I did think abt this solution, but i remember in the website of Immigration that i cant apply in other one except Pasila. But you?
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

jkmonto

Post by jkmonto » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm

MinhChau010416 wrote:
jkmonto wrote:Hi,

We agreed with my wife about telling to the forum our experience after reading other people problems and struggles with their residence permit.
So, My wife is Finnish and I am a Non EU citizen. After travelling together for a year around the world she decided to come back to Finland and finish her University studies. I decided to follow her and I found myself in Finland, we were not married yet. So things seemed quite complicated here but we decided to get married. We got married in Helsingin käräjäoikeus, civil ceremony, in this place they didn't have any queue for marriages as in maistraatti. So we could have gotten the date of the ceremony for the next day, we just needed to get the proof of non impediment to marry. Which we did in maistraatti and we had to wait 7 days to get, why 7 days? because 7 days is the time that the rest of the citizens have to manifest their objections about the marriage, so this time can't be reduced.
Then we had the ceremony, very simple and fast. After that, maybe two days later, I went to the immigration police office in Pasila, they said that I had to wait almost 2 months to get an appointment to present my application. So I asked if I could apply in another police station different from my place of residence, they were a little bit ambiguous in their answer but I inferred that I could apply anywhere I wanted, just they don't say it too loud. So I asked for an appointment in Salo, which had a lot of free time to receive applications, I got the appointment for 2 days after I asked for it. In Salo they were very friendly and they received all our documents without any problem. They said that the police would contact me if they need more information or when the permit was ready. After only 1 month and 3 weeks, Helsinki Police called my wife and tell her that my permit was ready to pick up, which we did right away. Now I got my permit and I can start a normal life in Finland.
In my humble opinion, this procedure was really efficient and easy. I had lived as a resident in other European countries and I can tell you that the waiting time is no less than 3 months for other residence permits. So I'm quite happy with the service they provided.

By the way, even if they tell you that you can't present your application in other city it is not true, they can't deny to receive you application.
Hi,
I wish I read your pose before.

I did think abt this solution, but i remember in the website of Immigration that i cant apply in other one except Pasila. But you?
Well it doesn't really matter, all the residence permits are reviewed and issued in Pasila. When we called to Salo we asked if we could have an appointment for the residence permit there even if we lived in Helsinki, the person said that there was no problem. However we called to Turku and they said that we should apply in Helsinki, why? Simple, Turku has a lot of demand for appointments, but still less than Helsinki, however they don't want more people that what they have now, however in Salo they have very little demand for appointments, they have like 2 a day... so they don't mind to take a few more... because as the lady explained when we were in Salo, all the applications are sent back to Helsinki. By the way, even if I made my application in Salo, they asked me to collect the residence permit in Pasila :) Good Luck!