getting fiancee/girlfriend visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Maymika

Post by Maymika » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:37 am

good day ,

I have a boyfriend who is from finland. we just know each other for a month now. we met in a dating site and we just see each other 2x from the whole month of noveber till the 1st week of december that he stay in the country (Philippines).

Now we are trying to get a visa for girlfriend visiting him. we dont have any picture of those two days as our relationship develop as we have a continous conversation by skype and
viber. we worries about the lenght that we had a relationship as he wanted me to visit him on june or july of this coming year 2014. and we worries about the information of having a 30,000 eur paid travel insurance.

This question really stresses the both of us a lot.
We really need advice or any information regarding this situation.

thank you,
Maymika

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Re: getting fiancee/girlfriend visa

Post by Flossy1978 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't understand your travel insurance part.

You don't get a Girlfriend Visa. There's no such thing. You can apply for a travel visa of three months and visit Finland. I don't know the rules about that regarding your country and Finland. This visa gives you no rights to anything but to be a visitor here. No healthcare, no job, nothing. You need to contact the Finnish embassy in your country, or wherever it is in that area. Even a consulate should be able to help.

A Residence's Permit is something at this stage you'll NEVER get. It's the permit you will need to move here to live with your boyfriend. You'll never get it based on what you've just written, a whole month long relationship. No way, no how.

Good luck.

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Flossy1978 wrote:I don't understand your travel insurance part.

You don't get a Girlfriend Visa. There's no such thing.
http://www.norway.ph/studywork/visaandr ... r9GtrTO5tA
http://www.norway.ph/Global/SiteFolders ... anguage=en

My understanding is that they are more worried that perhaps the applicant intends not to return, instead of their relationship being not a genuine one.

Travel insurance should not be a big problem if one is healthy and fairly young(?)

mimitska

Post by mimitska » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 am

hi Im also from philippines

BASED on my experience if you dont have any proof that your relationship is genuine well its gonna be a problem...

Its also proble you only have relationship for a month....if u only intend to stay as tourist well u can read processing in
http://www.norway.ph/...but if u really want to stay..theres no such gf visa..maybe if u 2 thinking of getting married there..u can try fiance visa..and your bf need a income required...well u can read in
http://www.norway.ph/..

goodluck!

Ashken

Post by Ashken » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 pm

The 30000 EUR stated is the minimum coverage required for a travel medical insurance for a Schengen visa. You will not be needing that whole amount to buy an insurance, it will cost about 100-200 euros to have that coverage for 90 days.

Maymika

Post by Maymika » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 pm

thank you for all your help....

it really stresses both of us on what is the first step of processing the visa we both agree to have a tourist visa.. and the link you've send help us a lot... but we are stil worried of the document to sufice on our application as he has no job since may of this year is a secondary sponsor okay if it would be he(boyfriend) and his mom would invite me?

thank you

mimitska

Post by mimitska » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:12 pm

so u mean your bf no work..ohh well its more difficult...also if u make his mother a sponsor u should know his mother well and his mother should have the right income requirements to support u all the way......u can read all what u need in http://www.norway.ph/...
anyway where u gonna live if u come to finland...

u should be ready ...

lalo na 1 month palang kayong may relasyon..its not good enough for visa application..anyway u have freedom to try so...

goodluck!

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:33 pm

ok
Last edited by nikskate on Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 am

Ok
Last edited by nikskate on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maymika

Post by Maymika » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 am

good day,

I agree that if I have him as a sponsor he needs to have a income. Its okay I guess even if he does not have work but he does have savings it would help and we have his mom as the secondary sponsor... I will not be staying there for the whole 90 days as I have work here to... if I will use my saving I guess its not enough its just about 200,000 php but I guess it help...

mimitska

Post by mimitska » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:29 am

i guess it can help..

goodluck in your journey :D

Maymika

Post by Maymika » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 am

thank you ..

what are the usual question thy would ask durin the interview?

mimitska

Post by mimitska » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:58 pm

questions?? well usually they ask u how much u know your boyfriend...information about your relationships...personal information about your bf..and why u would go to finland....

usual questions...if he have own house there...if you come to finland what u will do...

ofcourse they would think not good about your relationship because of the situition u both have...your bf no work..and u only have relationship for over a month...is it first time u see each other in person??

well based on my experienced this sounds not so good..but u have freedom to try so...goodluck on that :D

Maymika

Post by Maymika » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 am

thank you again..

yes we worry about the lenght of our relationship...
he couldn't visit me back this year as bby the time he flight back home to finland he got thomnosphebitis... so he is on medication as of the moment hoping to get better once I will be there so we can visit places...

he has his own house yes its in hyvinkaa.. we are not going to get visa now but by april as he wanted me to be there by mid june... I guess that helps as our relationship would be more than a month then
were keeping our hopes

mimitska

Post by mimitska » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 am

it is much helpful if he visits u many times not only once....hope it would be better...goodluck