How did you discover Finland Forum??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.

New users ONLY... How did you discover Finland Forum

I've been a user for more than 4 months now.
6%
From a friend or existing user
13%
From a business card I received
0%
From Google or Yahoo!
53%
From a search engine (other than Google or Yahoo!)
3%
From 'finland.org'
2%
From 'uranusfin.com'
3%
From another website (please tell us from which website)
7%
Other (please tell us below)
3%
Not Sure/Can't Remember
5%
From the Learn Finnish online program
4%
From a Nokia related website
1%

Total votes: 916

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: How did you discover Finland Forum??

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 am

I don't have any hair to hang with, :roll:

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:43 am

norwich wrote: try finding anything on Finland in the local newspaper. I know you won't be surprised, but some other Finns would be.
Of course not, are you you a foreigner or a Finnish woman? (both have problems of mental incapacity), "Finland" is mentioned only in "Yahoo oddly enough". That is what makes Finland one of the good nations of the world to live in - nobody never ever hears of it... no earthquakes, no volcanoes, no wars... :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:01 am

Oh god, Finland would be a good country if it wasn't for the likes of you, häirikkö. So how much have you drunk now, or is it just your normal sober mental instability. Go and get laid in one of the Thai massage parlours to feel like a man.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:04 am

Ever thought it is because the stupid women always complaining about the Finnish men that there are the Thai massage parlors?
Last edited by Hank W. on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers, Hank W.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 am

Ok, it will be after you sobered up that you will realise what an ass and a sorry loser you have made of yourself. Again.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 am

I might be drunk tonight, but you are a stupid woman tomorrow still. :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:13 am

So you're pissed... going to call in sick tomorrow and use the system? For every idiot post of yours I will respond with another. You have met your match.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:28 am

I do wonder this time of the night,
Cheers, Hank W.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:34 am

Whoa.. now I'm a lesbian.. :lol: maybe it's just the Finn in me that refuses to be abused by the likes of you that bothers you. The usual Finnish male insecurity. But of course you have your sidekicks and fans on this board willing to kiss your ass and stroke your inflated pseudo intellectual ego.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:37 am

So decided to chicken out, blink first and delete some of your post?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:46 am

I thought calling you a vegelesbian was unfair to all the lesbians I know, as you apparently appreciate the tapola, as you can't find a decent Finnish Man and thus need to always undermine us.
Cheers, Hank W.

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:51 am

Hank W. wrote:I thought calling you a vegelesbian was unfair to all the lesbians I know, as you apparently appreciate the tapola, as you can't find a decent Finnish Man and thus need to always undermine us.
You're right, it is difficult to find a decent Finnish man :lol:
Hank, I got all night.. and I'm not drunk and you are. You will fall asleep first.

Rob A.

Post by Rob A. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Well, it looks like both of you have fallen asleep ...So I think it's safe to intrude into this little "l'égoïsme à deux"... :)

First, norwich...thanks for the kind words... last night (Wed) was the last Finnish class in the current session...I have a break until a summer session of some sort starts in July.... The "finale" was a Finnish movie, with subtitles, of course...Valo (2005)....a rather "dark" movie based on the diaries of Aleksanteri Ahola-Valo...and set in the years just after Verisunnuntai ...a rather "dark" movie, indeed... And I was surprised at the number of words I understood and small bits of the dialogue I could follow..without needing the subtitles...a fair improvement over the last movie I saw at Christmas ....I'll be speaking obnoxious Finnish, perhaps, sooner than I had thought... :evil:

Now, "HBS"...I don't know?? ...I think I actually might be able to resist... Blondes are OK, but I actually seem to be afflicted with "HABS"..."hot Asian babe syndrome".... Speaking of Thai massage parlours...over here they seem to be the domain, mainly, of Chinese males...so may be Chinese wives and Finnish wives actually have something in common... :evil:

And the implications of "ass-kissing" and "sidekick-ism"... Now that's a tough one... So what is a guy supposed to do if he happens to agree with someone else?...Pretend he doesn't? Now I don't agree with everything Hank says or does, but a lot of it I do... Much of it's just plain, earthy commonsense... So tell me what I should do??... Go "play" with Winter or some of the other "trolls"???... Attack Hank once in a while, just to "prove" I'm not an "ass-kisser"? Flame wars??.... Those really do get boring after a while... :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

norwich

Post by norwich » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 am

Hank's often alcohol fueled abusive posts and insults are childish and get boring after a while. Exactly my point.
Rob A, good luck with your Finnish language studies. You are accomplishing quite a feat.

Rob A.

Post by Rob A. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:06 am

norwich wrote:Hank's often alcohol fueled abusive posts and insults are childish and get boring after a while. Exactly my point.
Rob A, good luck with your Finnish language studies. You are accomplishing quite a feat.
Thanks, norwich... Yeah, but as for Hank...for some reason I'm quite prepared to look past all that as a small price to pay for his good attributes.... But I've been in the forum long enough now I can pretty well predict which posts are going to provoke Hank....and it's usually the same type of stuff...posts criticizing Finnish males, the Finnish language or the way things are done in Finland... And those posts annoy me, too and I'm not a Finn... :) :) And, of course, if you really find someone else's post annoying, you can decide not to read it or just turn off the computer and go do something else... :)

I don't know if learning Finnish is "quite a feat"...don't forget five-year olds can speak it... :wink:

But I find it interesting and I'm just plodding along, one foot in front of the other, and it's gradually coming... I think people just have to make a realistic commitment, decide they don't care if they are criticized as they learn, and just keep going... But, then, I guess a lot of the guys who got caught up in the "HBS" dilemma weren't really figuring there would be issues such as learning a whole new and "different" language, and having to deal with people who don't particularly care how great things are in some other part of the world... :) :)