Anybody know ship furnitures to Finland, like cargo?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ema

Post by Ema » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:08 am

Hi,

does anybody have the experience of shipping furnitures to Finland. If I want to buy furnitures from abroad, say France or Russia, I think that I need to rent a cargo for it, right? what kind of tax will I have to pay, and is there restriction for wood import?

I want to buy from abroad is because everything is so expensive in Finland, and they are either ugly or nothing special.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:42 pm

Hi Ema,

I don~t know what you´re looking for but shiping from abroad can be quite expensive. Depending on the location you're buying from, you might get have the seller to send it through Schenker, kaukohuolinta, danzas etc.. shipping by boat (look for Niklasshipping for instance) is cheaper but you do need to fill in a container to make it worth.

The above is assuming the seller agrees to ship it for you. If you have to do it by yourself you'll have to use a removal company that is more expensive. Watch out for scratchs and try to get the seller to take responsability for the transportation.

There's no restriction at all when buying from the EU and I think there's no further taxes- have to check that one.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:49 pm

The best place to look is Estonia. Its EU nowadays, the prices are OK and the transport isn't too excessive. And they "make to measure", they still do handwork. Actually much of the say JUVI- furniture is made in Estonia.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Ema

Post by Ema » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 am

Thanks all,

Sounds that Estonia is a good place to check, have to try.