Information needed on Marriage and Permit- Please HELP!!!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
viktor

Post by viktor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading what is on this site and I find many interesting and at the same time useful. I have soemthings I would like to ask and I need useful advises.

First of, I am an African studying here in Finland with a B2 temporary permit. im in Oulu Province and I am engaged with a beautiful Finnish woman here in the same place. We have both been together since early 2003. We both plan and hope to get married pretty soon and would like to know precisely those documents we need to have with us so that the process with UVI will be smooth and in time.

I would really appreciate if there can be link to the website, we can get the necessary forms and information regarding this. Any other useful information will be well appreciated.

Any other ones that have been in this situation should kindly share their experiences and right things they did to make this swift and smooth with the UVI.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:05 pm

Start by reading this, then ask any questions not answered here..

http://www...com/sauna/viewtopic.php?t=95

viktor

Post by viktor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:20 pm

Gone through that page and im so impressed but would like to ask...

The certificate of no impediment must be left at the local register office prior to the marriage.
how long before? Is it the same form here?

https://lomake.fi/lp/index.cgi/log?s=EY ... 0&type=pdf

the foreigner must provide the local register office with a certificate from the authorities of his or her own country stating that there is nothing preventing the planned matrimony.

Is it the same as a bachelor's certificate that show that im not married in my home country or elsewhere?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:30 pm

You need to go and check at your local magistrates office.
http://www.maistraatti.fi/en/index.html
I have no idea if your home country's bachelor's certificate will be acceptable but the magistrate office staff will advise you.

Oulun maistraatti
Isokatu 4
PL 78
90101 OULU
Main Tel:020 517 181

Senior magistrate:
020 517 8450

henkikirjoittaja Anna-Liisa Jounila
020 517 8460

henkikirjoittaja Eila Keränen
020 517 8456

Telefax 020 517 8466
Avoinna ma-pe klo. 09:00 - 16:15

viktor

Post by viktor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:53 pm

We were thinking of using the form i stated above and take it to the maistraatti. THe form is the impediment to marriage!

So after I have been to maistraatti, I guess the marriage will take place there.

So what do I have to need to apply for permanent permit here in Fínland?
Where do I have to apply for permanent permit - the police station?
What documents do I have to take with me?
Can I apply for permanent permit immediately after marriage?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:00 pm

viktor wrote:
Where do I have to apply for permanent permit and what documents do I have to take with me.

You have now.. B2 temporary permit...that needs to be upgraded to permanent, after you are married. It does not have to be "immediate", but before your B2 expires.
You take your marraige certificate plus your B2 temporary permit to the Police Immigration office where ever you live.

viktor

Post by viktor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:06 pm

PeterF wrote:
viktor wrote:
Where do I have to apply for permanent permit and what documents do I have to take with me.

You have now.. B2 temporary permit...that needs to be upgraded to permanent, after you are married. It does not have to be "immediate", but before your B2 expires.
You take your marraige certificate plus your B2 temporary permit to the Police Immigration office where ever you live.

Thanks...will go and all that and will get back to you for more assistance if anything happens or come up.

Do you think just the marriage certificate will do??? I have heard places where they say one have to go with different documents which I dont understand

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:23 pm

viktor wrote: Do you think just the marriage certificate will do??? I have heard places where they say one have to go with different documents which I dont understand
It might be a good idea to take with you some proff that the reason for the original B2 are still valid..i.e. That you are still a student..
But the marriage cert should really be enough....in Oulu..perhaps take your wife with you to prove she does exist!
Oululaiset can be a bit "difficult" :roll:

By the way there is no reason not visit here just to chat, it is not only a Q/A forum.
Best wishes and good luck. :D

viktor

Post by viktor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:27 pm

sure will always stuck here!

Love this place...im always around!

viktor

Post by viktor » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:39 pm

By the way, can i go to any maistraatti in Finland or I have to go to the one for my area?

Anyone with information???

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:53 pm

You have to go to your own to get the impediments checked. Or then to the one your mrs. belongs to. After that the marriage itself can be performed just about anywhere.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

mookoo

Post by mookoo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:26 am

I got my afidavit of nonimpediment from the US embassy earlier this year and we took it to our local Maistraatti office, and then they sent the papers to the maistraatti office in Mikkeli where we got married. But make sure you turn the papers in more than a week before the wedding so they have time to check them and mail them if necessary.

viktor

Post by viktor » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 pm

thnx everyone for ur suggestions..will sure take this into consideration!