Cheapest/easiest way to go from london to helsinki?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:41 pm

Hmmm.... it'll be interesting to see how much they charge for excess baggage when oil hits the 60$ a barrel threshold. Industry analysts predict many airlines will go belly-up this year. Ryannair were boasting they had budgeted for a hike in the oil price but that's easy if they assume they can push up ticket prices by 50% and still not lose any customers!!!!!!

BTW last time we travelled to London (as a family - so there were 5 of us, about a year ago) we drove to Tampere and left the car there. The car park was around 25 euro for a whole week so much cheaper than 5 return tickets on the bus / train or two taxis!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

buhlertravelling

Post by buhlertravelling » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:41 pm

I have been reading all comments and replies about cheapest way
to get from London to Helsinki. I am doing this trip at end of June beginning of July and have been looking on line last few weeks for
special deal. Go Airlines has some good deals. My main question would be if anyone knows what you have to do to get deal with Ryanair. They
were posting last week flights from 4.99 pounds from London to Tampere but when I put in flight dates (and I even tried days I was not flying) it
never cam up with that deal, cheapest I saw was 40.00 pounds one way. but days I wanted to fly were 80.00 pounds one way? What do you have to do to get the deal?? I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and am doing trip to United Kingdom with side trip to Finland for my brother's wedding.
love travelling the world as seeing new places,
people, and things.
Irene

GaryK

Post by GaryK » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 pm

buhlertravelling wrote:My main question would be if anyone knows what you have to do to get deal with Ryanair.
The number of cheap seats is usually rather limited on Ryanscare, but the best bet is to try as many different date combinations as possible.

If you decide to fly a more traditional airline, a good website for tracking the ticket prices is:
http://www.flightcomparison.co.uk/fligh ... nkihel.htm

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:45 am

... I have always had that problem too but you have to keep trying - there is no other way since you can't book over the phone. And, even if you do find the magic 4.99 ticket from Stansted to Tampere, you will not get one at that price on the way back :roll:

becca

Post by becca » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:59 pm

The best (nay, only) way to get a really good deal with dear old Ryanair is to book in advance. Well in advance. The longer you leave it the more expensive it will be - there is always a chance that an amazing offer will come along but don't count on it, and as Ryanair's only rivals are the vastly more pricey Finnair and SAS, the flights are usually pretty well booked up.

Mind you take your own drink with you, the stuff they sell is expensive and awful ;)