Leaving Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
conrad

Leaving Finland

Post by conrad » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:18 pm

Moi all,

This is a question about moving out rather than moving in. After 3 years in Finland it seems that it's time for me to go back home and accept a challenging job offer there.

Does anybody know what government offices I should notify here about my departure? (Kella, Maistraatti for example). Has anybody in the board gone through this before?

Also, I'm a A-type work visa holder with one year to go for permanent residency. If I leave and come back for example next year, could I still apply for that permanent residency? I suppose not...

In any case, thanks for your comments

C.

Leaving Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:43 pm

Basically, you inform the Maistraatti that you've moved abroad with calling their magic number or filling in the form. The maistraatti will then inform KELA, vero etc. Now the trick is you can register as moving *temporarily* instead of slam-bam-keep-yer-reindeers... now if you come back you might be in the system as a permanent resident. It might not help with the A-status; but when you come back if you do, then you will just have to go to the maistraatti and say "I'm at it again" without as much hassle. Your number etc. will work as you are now "in the system"... (you can leave but never check out).

Oh yes, and cough up the euros for the Posti to send your stuff after for you. Next year tax returns etc. - and keep a bank acct (posti forwarding you get your passwords list too follow you up)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

conrad

Post by conrad » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:31 am

Thanks Hank!

C.