Moving to Helsinki, being pregnant

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
arundhathi

Post by arundhathi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello all,
I am an Indian citizen residing in Germany. Since my husband (Indian) is working in Helsinki I am planning to move to Helsinki. I am two month pregnant also. So once i reached Helsinki I have to fix a doctor and have to start regular check. Also I have to apply for Kela. I have one insurance in Germany. So if I moved to Helsinki being pregnant and applied Kela after that would it cover my hospital / check up expenses ?

If anyone know exact information please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by arundhathi on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Moving to Helsinki, being pregnant

Post by Rip » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Is your husband Indian or EU citizen?

arundhathi

Post by arundhathi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:50 pm

He is Indian

caster

Post by caster » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:22 pm

If your husband got the right for kela benefits (depending what category he is in kela books) - you may be eligible - but keep in mind its a lengthy process - i.e; 2-3 months before you get the decision from kela - another 2 months before you get the kela card.

I doubt your spouse got the blue card ?
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. I'm gonna grant him all my old underwears that fit his head helping his nose stays in place

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:54 pm

You need a local residence permit before you can apply for KELA coverage.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:08 pm

caster wrote:If your husband got the right for kela benefits (depending what category he is in kela books) - you may be eligible - but keep in mind its a lengthy process - i.e; 2-3 months before you get the decision from kela - another 2 months before you get the kela card.

I doubt your spouse got the blue card ?
Even if the process is lengthy to get the card, it will be retroactively valid from the date of moving to the country. Granted this can mean you will have to pay out of pocket and wait for Kela to reimburse.

arundhathi

Post by arundhathi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks a lot guys ;)

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:13 am

betelgeuse wrote: Even if the process is lengthy to get the card, it will be retroactively valid from the date of moving to the country. Granted this can mean you will have to pay out of pocket and wait for Kela to reimburse.
Have they changed the rules fairly recently? I'd say it is (if she qualifies for KELA, can this be taken granted?) from the date of moving to the country or the time of issuing the first residence permit, whichever is later.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:19 am

Rip wrote:
betelgeuse wrote: Even if the process is lengthy to get the card, it will be retroactively valid from the date of moving to the country. Granted this can mean you will have to pay out of pocket and wait for Kela to reimburse.
Have they changed the rules fairly recently? I'd say it is (if she qualifies for KELA, can this be taken granted?) from the date of moving to the country or the time of issuing the first residence permit, whichever is later.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 1573#L2P3c

"Jos oleskelulupaa on haettu ulkomaalaislain 60 §:ssä tarkoitetuissa tapauksissa Suomessa ja se on myönnetty, tämän lain mukainen oleskelulupavaatimus täyttyy jo lupahakemuksen jättämisestä."

It's from leaving the residence permit application if applied in Finland (this does not automatically mean the OP would be eligible to apply in Finland).