Residence permit for spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
bharathidhasan

Post by bharathidhasan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi,

I have a work permit that is about to expire by end of June!!! but i will apply for extension.

So hardly I have only 3 months, with this shall i apply dependent VISA for my wife?

Is there any constraint from finland embessy that I cannot not apply for Dependent VISA if I have work permit which has less than 3 months validity?

Regards,
Bharathidhasan

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: Residence permit for spouse

Post by 007 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:38 pm

bharathidhasan wrote:Hi,

I have a work permit that is about to expire by end of June!!! but i will apply for extension.

So hardly I have only 3 months, with this shall i apply dependent VISA for my wife?

Is there any constraint from finland embessy that I cannot not apply for Dependent VISA if I have work permit which has less than 3 months validity?

Regards,
Bharathidhasan
Perhaps they use common sense. Since 3 months are not in any way short, she should get a permit for 3 months or what is left in your permit. However, note that precessing time for residence permit can be quite long. So, by the time, they make a decision on her application, her permit might as well have already expired. :)

I think waiting till you get your permit extension is the best option as opposed to applying now for 3 months..... having said that, perhaps people with experience can shed some lights on it because I see a possibility to get 1-year permit for her, esp. when you can prove that you have a job contract extending beyond this 3 months period.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

caster

Post by caster » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Depends what sort of work contract you got in hand and your country of origin. :!:
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. I'm gonna grant him all my old underwears that fit his head helping his nose stays in place

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 am

Applying now is a bad idea.
When they see her permit will only be valid for a short time they might assume a scam and deny it.
Besides it might take more than 3 months processing.
It is best to apply the same time you apply for an extension.

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 am

If a residence permit is issued on the
basis of family ties, the validity period for
the residence permit must not, however,
exceed the validity period for the family
member’s residence permit which was the
basis for issuing the residence permit.
Aliens Act, section 53.

So even in the best of cases it would seem like a waste of money and time to apply now.