moving companies - from USA to Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
saleciahost

Post by saleciahost » Thu May 07, 2015 5:30 am

Hello Members,
Thanks for your feedback on the bicycles.
We are wondering if anyone has had experience with moving/shipping personal goods from the USA to Finland. We are trying to decide how to move just our personal items so not even a 1/4 containers worth.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mjgoode

Re: moving companies - from USA to Finland

Post by mjgoode » Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 pm

I used Ace relocation. They were well priced, professional, and responsive. They certainly choose a good subcontractor on this end.

Not sure how much crap, excuse me, precious personal possessions you've got, but I moved with about a quarter of a small container from AZ to Helsinki. There's a break point between shipping stuff piecemeal and a container that tends to favor the not full container. Plus your bikes all come along as well as part of the price.

I found that wardrobe boxes and stuff padding take up a lot of space. What looks like not so much becomes quite bulky quickly.

Be sure to get multiple quotes and read the fine print. Leave 10% budget for surprises. Mine came from US Customs. (You did read that correctly, don't go there.)

saleciahost

Post by saleciahost » Sun May 10, 2015 2:45 am

thanks so much, we are trying to tone down the crap - ahem, precious personal items and will probably end up with about a 1/4 container.
I will take your advice to heed and will contact ace.

saleciahost

Post by saleciahost » Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 am

Do you remember roughly how much you paid in total and when you moved - if you don't mind me asking.

mjgoode

Post by mjgoode » Wed May 13, 2015 2:34 pm

I sent you an email with the info. If it didn't arrive maybe we can try something lower tech like a skywriter or something. :-)