spouse visa extension of a Permanant resident

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
blessica

Post by blessica » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi,
I am Sanjaya, a non EU citizen holding a Permanant resident permit (P) in Finland. My work permit is going to end this 31st of July and it seems that i do not have enough time to find a job to extend visas of my wife and baby (both have type A visas) .Their Visas are going to expire on the 31st of July and migri.fi says that we have to show secured income for the extension of visa of my dependants. Altogether it seems to be 2200 euroes per month.
I am a member of a trade union and eligible to recieve income related allowance from them which satisfy the 2200 euro limit. But i have a doubt whether this allowance is suitable to prove my income for the visa extension process of my dependants. I contacted the police , but still i did not get any reply.
Please help.
Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: spouse visa extension of a Permanant resident

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:40 am

blessica wrote: I am a member of a trade union and eligible to recieve income related allowance from them which satisfy the 2200 euro limit. But i have a doubt whether this allowance is suitable to prove my income for the visa extension process of my dependants. I contacted the police , but still i did not get any reply.
You are not allowed to rely on income support from the municipality. Earnings related unemployment benefit should be fine. Remember that visa and resident permit are two different things in Finnish terminology. You are applying for the latter.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0301#L4P39

blessica

Post by blessica » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am

Thank u betelgeuse for your reply. Yes it is resident permit extension . You made my day with your reply. Thanks again !!!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:52 pm

blessica wrote: I am Sanjaya, a non EU citizen holding a Permanant resident permit (P) in Finland. My work permit is going to end this 31st of July and it seems that i do not have enough time to find a job to extend visas of my wife and baby (both have type A visas).
P permits newer expire. The above two sentences are in conflict. Please clarify.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:12 pm

betelgeuse wrote:P permits newer expire. The above two sentences are in conflict. Please clarify.
I think he means his work contract is about to expire/end. Without work contract, he has no provable means of support for his family to renew their A RPs, which are also about to expire.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

blessica

Post by blessica » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all,
Thank you very much for the replies. I have a Permanant resident permit (P) and my work contract is going to expire on 31 st of July. The problem is my wife's and son's resident permits are also going to expire on the same day. She currently has a type A resident permit and for the extension of resident permit on family ties we need to prove the income of 2200 euroes per month.
I contacted the trade union and they said that i am eligible for the earning related allowance of 2200 euroes. Do you think that this earning related allowance is an approvable income source for resident permit extension of my wife and son ? Thanks in advance.

blessica

Post by blessica » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 pm

adnan wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:P permits newer expire. The above two sentences are in conflict. Please clarify.
I think he means his work contract is about to expire/end. Without work contract, he has no provable means of support for his family to renew their A RPs, which are also about to expire.
yes ADNAN that is the issue and i wanna know whether this earning related allowance is eligible to prove my income for resident permit extension of my wife and son ? Any idea about that ?

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am

blessica wrote: I am a member of a trade union and eligible to recieve income related allowance from them which satisfy the 2200 euro limit. But i have a doubt whether this allowance is suitable to prove my income for the visa extension process of my dependants. I contacted the police , but still i did not get any reply.
I also think the unemployment benefit is accepted (although I can't quite find that explicitly stated anywhere), but I wonder about the amount - you'd need to earn quite a LOT now to have earnings related unemployment money of 2200 euros (and that even after tax). Ok, I guess you can count lapsilisä and maybe some childcare benefit your wife is currently collecting, but are you sure you understand the amount of unemployment money you're going to get?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:49 am

Rip wrote:but I wonder about the amount - you'd need to earn quite a LOT now to have earnings related unemployment money of 2200 euros (and that even after tax).
I used my fund's calculator (http://www.iaet.fi/pvrlaskuri/) to check this. I was quite surprised to when I saw that you're absolutely right.
I used my salary for the calculation and I assumed that OP has 2 kids. The final amount after taxes was close to 1700.

I played around with the numbers, and it seems like you need to be earning about 7500 euros/month to be able to get earning-related unemployment compensation of 2200 euros.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:06 pm

adnan wrote:
Rip wrote:but I wonder about the amount - you'd need to earn quite a LOT now to have earnings related unemployment money of 2200 euros (and that even after tax).
I used my fund's calculator (http://www.iaet.fi/pvrlaskuri/) to check this. I was quite surprised to when I saw that you're absolutely right.
I used my salary for the calculation and I assumed that OP has 2 kids. The final amount after taxes was close to 1700.
This is not surprising when one knows that the percentage is not the same for everyone. High earners get less:

https://www.tyj.fi/eng/earnings-related ... allowance/

"The earnings-related component is 45 per cent of the difference between your daily pay and the basic component. If your monthly pay is higher than the income limit (3,116.00 euros in 2015), the earnings-related component is 20 per cent of the exceeding amount."

blessica

Post by blessica » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi all, do not misunderstand my statement. I can not earn 2200 euros per month by earning related allowance. It becomes 2200 when we collect all the money we get from kela . ( child benefits and child care allowance
.... ). :( . Hope they will accept this income for the resident permit extension.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 pm

blessica wrote:Hope they will accept this income for the resident permit extension.
I hope they don't accept it. However, I also hope you find another job before family's permit expiration date.

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:34 pm

tummansininen wrote:Just what is your wage before tax? Clear it up for us... if your wife & child get 700e from Kela it looks as though you get paid the amount a cleaner or dish scrubber does. :?:
Migri income requirement is given as net (after tax) basis. the kid gets ~100€ lapsilisä, doubt the wife gets (after tax) more than 500. One would probably be the best paid dish scrubber in the country (perhaps not cleaner, there is probably somebody somewhere in a dry suit or working in a very "exotic" environment that gets paid bit extra) to get paid enough to make the missing 1600 as unemployment benefits. Using the previous linked calculator 4000€ as monthly salary (and one kid) gives 2046€ pretax and 1637€ after tax if one assumes 20% withholding rate. Quick look at the tax office calculator indicates that the 20% would not probably be enough.

(OP did not actually say they would get 2201 €/month total, likely the amount is bit more)

aditayap

Post by aditayap » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:25 am

roger_roger wrote: Not sure what your worry is, you are already permanent resident of Finland and actively residing here, that means you are eligible to keep your family wherever you are, and moreover they are already here with you. its end of story here itself.
Agree with Roger, As you have permanent residence there should not be any issue with your families RP renewal. A Permanent residence itself mean that a person is allowed to live in in Finland for infinite period (with family if one has family). I will recommend to focus more on finding a new job than worrying about RP renewal.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:04 pm

aditayap wrote:
roger_roger wrote: Not sure what your worry is, you are already permanent resident of Finland and actively residing here, that means you are eligible to keep your family wherever you are, and moreover they are already here with you. its end of story here itself.
Agree with Roger, As you have permanent residence there should not be any issue with your families RP renewal. A Permanent residence itself mean that a person is allowed to live in in Finland for infinite period (with family if one has family). I will recommend to focus more on finding a new job than worrying about RP renewal.
What basis do you use for the rights of the family? It might follow from the family oriented general European human rights, but you won't find support for it in the Aliens Act.