registered nurse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
alleynachin

registered nurse

Post by alleynachin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello, im from sabah, malaysia. I want to find a job in finland as a nurse. How do i start?

registered nurse

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: registered nurse

Post by rinso » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:43 pm

alleynachin wrote:Hello, im from sabah, malaysia. I want to find a job in finland as a nurse. How do i start?
Learn Finnish.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Have a look at the Valvira pages for info on getting your degree registered. http://www.valvira.fi/web/en/healthcare ... ice_rights

And yeah, you need to know Finnish (in some areas Swedish too).

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Firstly, are you already an actual Registered Nurse?

If yes, then you can apply to have your qualifications accepted for practice in Finland as per the link posted by one of the previous posters. Once you have done that, if you get your qualifications sucessfully recognised then you need to find a job BEFORE you apply for a residence and work visa. You are not from an EU country so you don't have any automatic right to come to Finland other than as a tourist. (we do not know if maybe you are married to a Finn which changes your rights)

If you get a job offer, which I doubt, unless you speak Finnish, then you apply for a work and residence permit.

Remember: in order to get a visa for you to work as a nurse here, the employer has to show that they cannot get nurses from within the European Union. There are many Greek nurses who might like to come too...............

alleynachin

Post by alleynachin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

roger_roger wrote:
alleynachin wrote:Hello, im from sabah, malaysia. I want to find a job in finland as a nurse. How do i start?
If I were in your shoes I'd head to Saudi Arabia like Finnish Nurse does. They pay 3000 to 4000 Euros per month tax free salary in Saudi Arabia. Here in Finland as Nurse you'll earn 1600 Euros with 15% tax and end up around 900 Euros in your bank account after all tax and deductions.

If you are still in your country and want to make move, look for what you can earn while you are young. Learning Arabic might be easier for you as your Muslim culture from Malaysia matches the ones from Middle east (maybe some words of language too?), you pray same god, same holiday time to visit family members, etc, lots of benefits.

Yes im from muslim country, but i live in another side of malaysia. Im from borneo and im catholic.