RP Renewal (What is the earliest date one can apply)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
downvalley

Post by downvalley » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello,

If somebody's RP expires on 15.06.2016, what is the earliest date one can submit application for renewal?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: RP Renewal (What is the earliest date one can apply)

Post by Rip » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Ask from the relevant police station (that is what I did). I do not think there is firm written rule.
(I presume you have long a trip ahead, and the permit is going to expire during it)

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Rip wrote:Ask from the relevant police station (that is what I did). I do not think there is firm written rule.
(I presume you have long a trip ahead, and the permit is going to expire during it)
Indeed the Aliens Act has nothing on it. Technically this means you could apply the next day after getting the current one.

mjgoode

Post by mjgoode » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 pm

I was informed three months before expiration was the earliest you could submit a renewal. Will try to find a better reference than my memory.

If you're in Helsinki I would advise that you get your poop together and do it as early as possible. They've got a wee bit of a backlog.

Matthew

P.S. Found the reference. It was an email from Corporate HR that said ninety days. Gave a quick check to Migri and Poliisi and didn't see a specific time frame.