Getting Married & Residency Permit/Card -HELP-

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Rawfruits

Post by Rawfruits » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Hey, i'm new to this forum and I've found it via a good friend who lives in Finland, this is my first message here and I'd really appreciate the help, as i know very little about what i'm going to ask you about.

So, i'm not an EU-Citizen, and my girlfriend is Finnish, we are together more than a year now and we would like to get married and live together in Finland. i already have the paperwork i need to get married, but what i don't understand is, after getting married, what do i need to do in order to get Residency, and what kind of Residency will i be able to get? or will i only be able to get like a Card thing? and if so what is it giving me? will i be able to legally work straight away?

i really need help understanding those things, what kind of forms do i need to apply for the Residency, and when to do it? before or after getting married? ... please help me with every information i need to know about, thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Getting Married & Residency Permit/Card -HELP-

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Rawfruits wrote: i really need help understanding those things, what kind of forms do i need to apply for the Residency, and when to do it? before or after getting married? ... please help me with every information i need to know about, thank you.
Check out these pages and then ask again if there was something you could not understand or find answers for:

http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... ily_member