Is unemployment benefit considered as income by MIGRI/Police

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
downvalley

Post by downvalley » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Hello,

Now, me and my wife has RP untill March 2015. (Type: A, issued for: 1 yr). We need to apply for the renewal before that time.

At this moment my salary is 1200 Euro/ month. My wife is getting labor market subsidy around 560 Euro/ month.

Now, my question is:

- Is labor market subsidy (unemployment benefit) considered as income for RP renewal?
- Anybody in similar situation before?

Kiitos paljon!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Is unemployment benefit considered as income by MIGRI/Po

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:44 pm

downvalley wrote:- Is labor market subsidy (unemployment benefit) considered as income for RP renewal?
I sure do hope that the answer is no.

Anyway, Migri.fi say this: "The granting of a residence permit requires that your livelihood in Finland is secured through means other than benefits paid by the state."
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 am

adnan wrote:
downvalley wrote:- Is labor market subsidy (unemployment benefit) considered as income for RP renewal?
I sure do hope that the answer is no.

Anyway, Migri.fi say this: "The granting of a residence permit requires that your livelihood in Finland is secured through means other than benefits paid by the state."
That migri link is only applicable for the first permit. When renewing permits it's fine to temporarily rely on benefits. Aliens Act 39§ includes: "When issuing extended permits, the alien’s means of support shall be secure as provided in subsection 2, provided, however, that temporary resort to social assistance or other similar benefit securing the alien’s means of support does not prevent the issue of the permit."

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset ... 040301.pdf

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:50 am

betelgeuse wrote:That migri link is only applicable for the first permit. When renewing permits it's fine to temporarily rely on benefits.
Interesting. Any clue on how they assess whether this situation is temporary or not?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:11 am

adnan wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:That migri link is only applicable for the first permit. When renewing permits it's fine to temporarily rely on benefits.
Interesting. Any clue on how they assess whether this situation is temporary or not?
https://www.eduskunta.fi/FI/vaski/Halli ... 8+2003.pdf
Pykälän 3 momentissa säädettäisiin toimeentuloedellytyksestä jatkolupaa myönnettäessä. Toimeentuloedellytys arvioitaisiin käytettävissä olevien tulojen mukaan, jotka voivat osittain koostua myös sosiaaliturvaetuuksista. Tällaisia etuuksia voivat olla palkan sijaan maksettavat etuudet esimerkiksi tapaturmaetuudet, vanhempainetuudet ja sairauspäiväraha, tai kustannuksia korvaavia etuuksia esimerkiksi asumistuki ja lapsilisä. Toimeentulo ei kuitenkaan voi perustua toistuvasti myönnettävään toimeentulotukeen tai muuhun vähimmäistoimeentuloa turvaavaan etuuteen. Jatkolupaa harkittaessa tulee ottaa huomioon hakijan kokonaistilanne. Jatkoluvan epääminen saattaa olla kohtuutonta, jos tällaisiin etuuksiin turvautumisen ja omien ansioiden vähenemisen syynä on ollut sairaudesta, tapaturmasta tai esimerkiksi äitiydestä johtuva olosuhteiden muutos. Sama koskee tilannetta, missä hakija on joutunut tilapäisesti työttömäksi itsestään riippumattomista syistä jatkoluvan hakemisen aikaan.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Still very vague. The "temporarily" unemployed might get a job the next day after the extension is granted or might not get a job in years.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 pm

If I look at the examples an "open end" unemployment doesn't seems to fit the intentions. But I agree it's open to interpretation and depending on the situation.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:43 pm

adnan wrote:
Still very vague. The "temporarily" unemployed might get a job the next day after the extension is granted or might not get a job in years.
I assume the case workers have more thorough guidelines at their disposal. However, I have not came across them with Google. If you are interested, could issue a request to STM (I assume they would be the ones to issue the guidance).

justaguy

Post by justaguy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:27 am

Unless it's in clear writing in law that it's okay, then the most likely thing is that it's definitely not going to 'help' at getting the permit accepted.