rejected resedence permit request

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tunis

Post by tunis » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 pm

i'm tunnisien guy and married to a finnish wommen i have 29 and she have 39 old years we got married in june 2014 we knew eatch others from FB from 2012 but given our financial situation we could met at june 2014 and made our marriage (my wife is not working but i have a public job in tunisia) every thing was great i called the company to get an appoitment in order to file a request of a resedence permit and i wenti the 22 january 2015 to the embassy of finland in tunis for an interview. i were waiting 9 mouths befor they send me yesterday a letter of rejection every thing was in english only one phrase (there is a resonable grounds to suspect that the applicant intends to evade the provisions on entry into or resedence in the country) the embassy agent refused to tolk to me just she asked me to signe her a paper and then she went and left me alone i really don't know why they are traiting me like that and who is entitled to judge people's intentions? Actually i don't know what shall i do to sort this out my wife too she have no idea about our situation here.Befor few days an agent ffrom migri offfice of helsinki sent an email to wife to ask her if we did met in summer 2015 she answerd it cost much and we have not money enough to fund this trip. I think what we need is a lawyer to file a complaints in the administativ court i don't know if i need to find an advocate from tunisia or finland and what i should do?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: rejected resedence permit request

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:23 pm

tunis wrote:who is entitled to judge people's intentions??
Actually, this is exactly their job; to assess your situation and verify your intentions.

To me, your story sounded like a fake marriage for the purpose of getting a residence permit, and I believe that's what the case officer concluded as well. I mean, come on, really. Did you honestly expect anyone to believe your story?
- You've met your "wife" on Facebook in 2012, and only met in person once.
- The only one time you met her you actually gotten married.
- There's a 10 year difference.
- You're an Arab from North Africa (high risk)
- She doesn't have an income to support you.
- It doesn't sound like you're doing too well yourself.

Keep in mind that none of the above is a reason for rejection on its own. However, if you put them all together, I'm pretty sure it's easy to see why they rejected you.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

sky2

Post by sky2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:38 pm

adnan wrote: - You're an Arab from North Africa (high risk)
IMO its very discriminating to generalize like this. How does just being an arab or from North africa make it high risk to Finland or any other country?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:26 pm

sky2 wrote:IMO its very discriminating to generalize like this. How does just being an arab or from North africa make it high risk to Finland or any other country?
I think I made it very clear that not a single point on its own can be a reason for rejection. Let me explain how things work in the real life.

One factor for granting a residence permit is something called "risk assessment and threat analysis". The threat here is his marriage being fake and him doing whatever it takes to get a residence permit.
The case officer analysis the level of risk of that threat being real. So each factor is considered, and each factor mentioned above increases the risk. Now we get to the factor of him being an Arab from North Africa: They check historical data and they see what kind of trend is in this country of origin, and they try to reflect that on the applicant's case. Again, it is NOT a deciding factor, but rather a risk factor.
So, they see that, for example, people from North Africa who have not met their wives more than once are found to be involved in fake marriages with a bias of 0.7. This means that there's a higher risk and the situation must be assessed further.

The same is applied to all other factors.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:43 am

The solution is simple; let your wife come to Tunisia.
(my wife is not working but i have a public job in tunisia)
So there should be no financial problems.
After a couple of years a new application will have more chance of success.

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:35 am

rinso wrote:The solution is simple; let your wife come to Tunisia.
(my wife is not working but i have a public job in tunisia)
So there should be no financial problems.
After a couple of years a new application will have more chance of success.
It seems like the only way. As far as I can judge, your application was not by any means a borderline case but was obviously doomed to fail. How much weaker could it have been than it was?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:37 pm

tummansininen wrote:do it now.
tummansininen wrote:and keep all sorts of proof like photos
Kinky :lol: