Speedy Residence Permit due to pregnancy

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Flossy1978

Re: Speedy Residence Permit due to pregnancy

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:07 pm

I think you'll find Neuvola does care. It's a free service for women who can get it.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:46 am

Hi folks, my wife and kids are currently in Finland as tourist but she is due to deliver baby in few weeks and i intend for them to stay permanent in Finland.
Can i get help and advice on how to go about these ?
The medical bills and the child benefits (if any) as being born in Finland.

Please your good advice.
Thanks

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:24 am

Sidajaem wrote:Hi folks, my wife and kids are currently in Finland as tourist but she is due to deliver baby in few weeks and i intend for them to stay permanent in Finland.

Please your good advice.
Thanks
Since you're on a tourist visa you cannot claim anything. It's 100% private healthcare for tourists. (you might claim some from the insurance in your home country)
If you're EU there is the European health care system. (Which you already should have figured out.)

Also there are no child benefits for people on tourist visa.

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:45 am

@Rinso,

Thanks for your advice. We arrived Finland with a 1month insurance which is expired now. Can I make a new one now to extend and cover her child bearing period which is in few weeks from now.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Sidajaem wrote:Hi folks, my wife and kids are currently in Finland as tourist but she is due to deliver baby in few weeks and i intend for them to stay permanent in Finland.
Finland follows Jus sanguinis. You would have needed a country like US that follows Jus soli for your scheme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_sanguinis

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Sidajaem wrote: We arrived Finland with a 1month insurance which is expired now. Can I make a new one now to extend and cover her child bearing period which is in few weeks from now.
Seriously? Hey Mr InsuranceSalesMan, will you make deal where I pay you a hundred euros or a few for insurance, and in return you compensate me with certainty something close two thousand euros (cost of simple, uncomplicated delivery at the end of pregnancy) and possibly many tens of thousands of euros more (delivery with complications, ending with either or both the baby and the mother requiring a stay at intensive care ward)?

or to make simpler Mr InsuranceSalesMan, will you just give me money for nothing?

Sidajaem

Post by Sidajaem » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:57 pm

@Rip,

What are you implying??

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:37 am

Sidajaem wrote:@Rip,

What are you implying??

(I was not clear enough?) That it seem you think insurance companies are charities, selling policies that are guaranteed to generate losses for them.