Estimating net monthly salary from annual gross

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
benoitb85

Post by benoitb85 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 am

Hello,

I was offered a relocation to Finland by my company, and would need to switch from a French contract to a Finnish one. I would be a resident in Finland as I would stay for 1 or 2 years.
I would like to know roughly what my monthly usable income will be once all taxes are paid, to make sure I'm not getting a worse treatment after the relocation.

Is this website accurate ?
http://calculatenetsalary.com/calculate ... nland.html

I made a try with 60K€, and it shows only 8K€ of taxes. I thought I heard something closer to a total amount of ~30% between the gross and what you earn at the end.
For France, the above website is almost accurate and directly gives a correct estimate. Could you please tell me if it works for you who are paid in Finland ?

Cheers !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Estimating net monthly salary from annual gross

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 am

Adding to roger_roger's answer.
I did the calculation on the Vero tax calculator, and the result shows that your estimated monthly salary is 3257 €
Keep in mind that this doesn't take into account some of your deductions that you might have (union membership, kids, above-average travel expenses, etc.)
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

benoitb85

Re: Estimating net monthly salary from annual gross

Post by benoitb85 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:14 am

Thank you, your contributions helped me a lot to plan ahead and discuss with my company. I will probably see you again on the forum, we should be moving in February.