RP for my wife on family ties

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
koolguy

Post by koolguy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi,

I have dual citizenship, Pakistan and Finnish. My wife applied for her first residence permit at Finland embassy Abu Dhabi (as Finland don't have embassy in Pakistan anymore) at end of December 2015.

I was just curious that how long time it would take to get her RP. As our marriage has been registered here at mistraatti also. I have couple of friends here in Finlnad whose wifes got RP less than a month and they were not Finnish citizens.

Many thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Re: RP for my wife on family ties

Post by leisl » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:24 pm

We can't admit it but Pakistan is a country they'll pay attention to and take their time checking it's a legit marriage.

I don't know when your friends' applications went through but migri and the police are now swamped with asylum seeker applications. So it will probably take some time.

koolguy

Post by koolguy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Ok, today got the decision. Migri send last week few questions and today I got a decision with positive. And yes its very true that people got in 2 weeks, proved.

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

deleted