Estonian alien's passport

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
dedee
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Estonian alien's passport

Post by dedee » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Hello. I would like to move in and find work in finland.

problem is that i'm from estonia and don't have estonian citizenship, i have aliens passport and long term living permit in estonia.

My mother who is EU citizen, lives in finland almoust 6 years, she works there and have a living place... i can freely move to finland due to schengen, but i'm not allowed to work in finland because i'm not EU citizen...

i have done little homework and found information from infopankki.fi "Family members of an EU citizen

The 'family members of an EU citizen' does not refer to the family members of a Finnish citizen (EU-kansalaisen perheenjäsenen oleskelukortti). Different rules apply to the family members of a Finnish citizen. Read more on the Infopankki page Family member of a person residing in Finland.

If a family member who is not an EU citizen moves to Finland with you, he or she must apply for a residence card as a family member of an EU citizen (EU-kansalaisen perheenjäsenen oleskelukortti). Such a residence card shows that the person is entitled to reside in Finland. The residence card can be granted by the police of your place of residence in Finland.

The following family members of an EU citizen may be eligible for such a residence card:

spousechild under 21 years oldchild who is 21 years old or older, but dependent on his or her parentspouse's child who is under 21 years oldspouse's child who is 21 years old or older, but dependent on his or her parentparent who is dependent on his or her childspouse's parent who is dependent on his or her child

So to work in finland i need a residence card. But im older than 21 years (28). I have no trouble with my helath so i cant be mother dependant.

Can someone help me in my sutuation . is there more options for me to go to work in finland legally.

Sorry for bad english

Wish all the best

denis.



Estonian alien's passport

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

intern101
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by intern101 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 am

3 options:

1. Find a job and apply for a work permit. You have to be so good at what you do for an employer to hire you because there are a lot of unemployed Fins, residents at EU citizens trying to find a job here. Hell, I am even offering a "free" work for 2 months as a requirement from my school but no luck.

2. Apply for Estonian citizenship. Once you have it, come to Finland, find a job (construction, cleaning, you know blue collar jobs) and register your rights to stay here. You still have to have at least basic knowledge in the Finnish language to get even these kind of job.

3. Marry a bum Fin woman, apply for residency, live by benefits until you find a job. But hurry soon there will be a minimum requirement for Fins for them to take their spouses here.


Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Rip » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 am

In the eyes of thew law you're not a family member. You can try find a job and apply for a regular residence permit (for employed person).


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by leisl » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 am

Are you eligible to apply for Estonian citizenship?


dedee
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by dedee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:19 pm

leisl wrote:Are you eligible to apply for Estonian citizenship?
In estonia its very interesting situation.im born in estonia, i speak fluently in estonian. I graduated high school i estonian, my brother and mother are eztonian citizens but estonia dont want to give me citizenshp, because im etnic russian.... and there is nothing i can do about thia. Mlre info here

http://balticreports.com/2010/02/02/eth ... n-estonia/


User avatar
wolf80
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by wolf80 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Your mother is not a native Finnish citizen? Because then maybe this would apply: http://www.migri.fi/remigration/descend ... sh_citizen

I guess you checked if you could get the citizenship of your mother's EU home country? Then you would also be allowed to live and work in Finland.


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:20 pm

dedee wrote:In estonia its very interesting situation.im born in estonia, i speak fluently in estonian. I graduated high school i estonian, my brother and mother are eztonian citizens but estonia dont want to give me citizenshp, because im etnic russian
I've heard this many times from some ethnic Russians in Estonia, and I'm sorry but that sounds like a big fat lie about imaginary oppression.

In my last workplace, we had an Estonian who is an ethnic Russian. He simply sat for an Estonian language and history exam, made an application, and got his citizenship (and passport) after a couple of months. At first, I thought he's an exception of some sort, so I asked him more about it and he showed me all the laws and regulations about it. He said that it's simply because some of his own people (ethnic Russians in Estonia) refuse to take the exam, or refuse the sign the paper pledging their loyalty to Estonia, or refuse to learn Estonian at all.

If you fulfill the criteria of citizenship, then you get it. As simple as that.

http://estonia.eu/about-estonia/society ... nship.html
http://www.baltictimes.com/estonia_urge ... tizenship/
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/arti ... 35517.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_ ... _situation
https://valitsus.ee/en/news/government- ... n-citizens
Every f*cking case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


intern101
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by intern101 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:00 pm

How did your brother get a citizenship and you don't?

There are steps needed to acquire it just like any other citizenship application.

Or maybe you are one of those who doesn't want to go to the mandatory army service?


dedee
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by dedee » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 pm

intern101 wrote:How did your brother get a citizenship and you don't?

There are steps needed to acquire it just like any other citizenship application.

Or maybe you are one of those who doesn't want to go to the mandatory army service?


Estonia dont give me citizenship because i have a criminal record in estonia(growing 4 cannabis for my own use). For them thats not important that i have born in estonia ans graduated high school , speak fluently estonian , my relatives all have estonian citizenship...


User avatar
Cory
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Turku

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Cory » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Can a person truly be stateless?
Image


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Cory wrote:Can a person truly be stateless?
Yep.
However, international laws try to make this situation as difficult to happen as possible. The UN encourages are its members to enact laws and regulations to prevent that from happening. Nevertheless, there are countless examples of that happening. In the case of Estonia, about 6% of those living there are stateless.

More here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateless ... able_cases
Every f*cking case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


intern101
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by intern101 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:26 pm

roger_roger wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:In the case of Estonia, about 6% of those living there are stateless.
This is clusterfu.ck situation in Estonia.

I don't know if they even realise those Russians living there were equally exploited by Stalin as the Estonian.

Haven't heard the Russian community strongly protested against it, but the ethnic Russians born in Estonia after the collapse of Soviet should automatically be the citizen without those bullsh.it exams and so. Similarly here, It would be catastrophe to ask Swedish speaking Finns to sit on some exam to prove their nationality and loyalty.
That is true. Somehow, "some" (so as not to be accused as generalizing again) Estonians still feel a strong bitterness towards Russians. Most of them are the older generations though. The younger ones are more open or don't really care.
dedee wrote:
intern101 wrote:
Estonia dont give me citizenship because i have a criminal record in estonia(growing 4 cannabis for my own use). For them thats not important that i have born in estonia ans graduated high school , speak fluently estonian , my relatives all have estonian citizenship...
Well that sucks. If they won't give you a citizenship in Estonia then you are left with the option of searching for an employer or finding the love of your life. Good luck!


Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Rip » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:05 pm

roger_roger wrote: Similarly here, It would be catastrophe to ask Swedish speaking Finns to sit on some exam to prove their nationality and loyalty.
It is not the same thing though. The Russians in Estonia had been there after all less than 50 years, had come there as nationals as an occupier and (as far as I can remember, in general) had not been that sportive for the independence movement.


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Estonian alien's passport

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Rip wrote:had not been that sportive for the independence movement.
I see your point, but that's an understatement at best.
Ethnic Russians have actively tried to sabotage Estonian independence efforts. There are numerous accounts from the late 1980s where ethnic Russians were ratting out Estonian demonstration organizers and Estonians who were deserting the Soviet army draft. When the Soviets realized the protests aren't gonna stop, they marched with tanks to prevent the independence, and ethnic Russians were greeting them from windows as they marched to take TV and radio stations while Estonians laid down on roads in front of the tanks.
It boils my blood when I think about it.
Every f*cking case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


Post Reply