family reunification rules - income requirement

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Beep_Boop

Re: family reunification rules - income requirement

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:But here people talk about how non EU people can get residence permit without the spouse having secure income... I'm lost :?
No. Non-EU people still had (and do have to) have secured means of support to import their spouses.
Those who are exempt are people who have received protection status (post-asylum-seeking refugees and quota refugees), and Finnish citizens. The new law aims to remove this exemption from refugees. Originally, also Finns were gonna be included in the removal of exemption, but it seems the government has backpedaled on that and decided to only include refugees.

Every f*cking case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
JK_Ironak wrote:But here people talk about how non EU people can get residence permit without the spouse having secure income... I'm lost :?
No. Non-EU people still had (and do have to) have secured means of support to import their spouses.
Those who are exempt are people who have received protection status (post-asylum-seeking refugees and quota refugees), and Finnish citizens. The new law aims to remove this exemption from refugees. Originally, also Finns were gonna be included in the removal of exemption, but it seems the government has backpedaled on that and decided to only include refugees.

But isn't that what OP is asking about? If he should hurry to get married, because they don't have money to prove his fiancée can support him? How can he come here, if they have low income, if EU citizen can't come to Finland without having 12k savings/ spouse having an at least average paying job?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:How can he come here, if they have low income, if EU citizen can't come to Finland without having 12k savings/ spouse having an at least average paying job?
EU citizens with Finnish spouses have two ways to come to Finland:
1- EU registration: Fast, easy, but has income requirements.
2- Residence permit based on family ties to Finnish citizen: A bit more complicated, takes more time, but doesn't have income requirements.

You and your spouse weren't eligible to option #2 (you mentioned the reason already), so you went with option #1 which has the income requirements. If you were eligible for option #2, then they wouldn't have asked you for any income requirements.
Every f*cking case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:36 pm

So OP will still have to fulfil the income requirement?

I'm not sure though if it's 1 700 net eur that was in the media, or if it's more flexible without the law. I thought that was what OP was trying to avoid :?:

I mean, they hadn't ever lived in another EU country together either :P So if that's the requirement, they fail at it too.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:49 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:So OP will still have to fulfil the income requirement?
For now, no. His spouse is a Finn and he's applying for the residence permit NOT EU registration, so no income requirements.
Maybe they reject him on other basis (like the authenticity of the marriage, for example, I don't know). But for income requirements, there's none for him for now.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
JK_Ironak wrote:So OP will still have to fulfil the income requirement?
For now, no. His spouse is a Finn and he's applying for the residence permit NOT EU registration, so no income requirements.
Maybe they reject him on other basis (like the authenticity of the marriage, for example, I don't know). But for income requirements, there's none for him for now.
So it's more difficult to come to Finland as a spouse for EU citizens than non EU? :?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:So it's more difficult to come to Finland as a spouse for EU citizens than non EU? :?
Sorry, I've reached the limit of my ability to explain. If you're not getting it from me, then somebody else hopefully explain better.
Last edited by Beep_Boop on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:37 am

What you are saying is that because I am from EU, my husband has to have certain income for me to come here to live with him (if I don't have my savings or a job), but if I wasn't from EU, they would only have to believe the marriage was real, they wouldn't check his income, they would just let me come live with him... of course, procedures (an price) for applying for EU-registration and residence permit are different, but you are saying that rules say there is income requirement for EU spouses, bot not for non-EU spouses.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:08 am

JK_Ironak wrote:but you are saying that rules say there is income requirement for EU spouses, bot not for non-EU spouses.
No, that's what you're saying.

What I'm saying is:
- EU registration (Finnish local + EU spouse) -> Income requirements
- Finnish RP (Finnish local + EU or non-EU spouse) -> No income requirements

In your case, you were NOT eligible for the Finnish RP, so you had to go with EU registration. Income requirements have nothing to do with you being EU or not. Income requirements are related to the option you choose. You chose option #1 because you're not eligible for option #2, and that's why you had to fulfil income requirements.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 am

But why am I not eligible for option 2, and people who met only online, one of whom isn't EU citizen, are?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:43 am

JK_Ironak wrote:But why am I not eligible for option 2, and people who met only online, one of whom isn't EU citizen, are?
You're not eligible because of the reason the police told you. I don't know your case.
Also, you don't know whether OP is eligible for option #2 or not. He's saying he wants to apply, but we don't know whether he'll be accepted or not. You're just speculating that he's accepted and getting upset about it. If he ends up being accepted, you still know nothing about his case; maybe he provided more evidence for the authenticity of the relationship than you, maybe the officer in your case suspected some foul play in your case because of something you or your spouse said, or because something is missing, or because or because... sooo many reasons.

I don't understand why you think that a bunch of strangers who know nothing about you or your case should know more than the officer who had your file.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:09 am

There was no file, police told me without knowing anything about me, the moment I asked them about applying based on family ties with my husband. From what is said here, if my husband was a student I would be banned from coming here to live with him just because I am from EU, but non-EU person would get in. Just makes no sense.

PS. The reason I returned to this topic was because of the title, the income requirement surprised me at Poliisi, but luckily my husband had a good enough job (and I got one a day after I applied,lol)... but if income requirement is already a real thing, even before the mentioned law, it would be good to know for someone who plans on moving here from the other side of the world, and his fiance not having a lot of funds. It just made no sense to me the would require the income requirement from me as an EU citizen, and not from someone from outside of EU.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:From what is said here, if my husband was a student I would be banned from coming here to live with him just because I am from EU, but non-EU person would get in. Just makes no sense.
You're absolutely correct; it makes no sense.. because it's not correct. You keep making up the same thing, that somehow EU people are no-no and non-EU people are yes-yes. It is NOT correct.
JK_Ironak wrote:There was no file, police told me without knowing anything about me, the moment I asked them about applying based on family ties with my husband.
Whoa! In that case, it's your own fault. You should NEVER accept a negative "decision" based on what some government employee verbally tells you. NEVER. You should have asked "Why? Based on what law? Can you please how me where on the Migri website it says so?"
It's common knowledge in Finland that Vero and Migir/Poliisi (immigration issues) will sometimes verbally tell you anything to get rid of you. I remember tens of threads about that in here.
JK_Ironak wrote:It just made no sense to me the would require the income requirement from me as an EU citizen, and not from someone from outside of EU.
Oh my god. We're having a severe miscommunication issue here.
This is NOT true. The EU-ness or the non-EU-ness of the person doesn't matter here. I'll try to make it easier to understand for you:

- EU guy living in Finland + EU girl. EU registration -> YES Income requirements!
- EU guy living in Finland + EU girl. Finnish RP -> YES Income requirements!
- Finnish guy living in Finland + EU girl. Finnish RP -> NO income requirements!
- Finnish guy living in Finland + EU girl. EU registration ->YES Income requirements!
- Finnish guy living in Finland + non-EU girl. Finnish RP -> NO Income requirements!
- Non-EU guy living in Finland + non-EU girl. Finnish RP -> YES Income requirements!

Please tell me you understand now.

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm

If your spouse is a Finnish citizen who resides in Finland or will move to Finland, you may apply for a residence permit for yourself on the basis of family ties. The same applies to persons of the same gender who have registered their partnership.

"The granting of a residence permit will not require you to have a secure means of livelihood"
http://www.migri.fi/moving_to_finland_t ... artnership

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
JK_Ironak wrote:There was no file, police told me without knowing anything about me, the moment I asked them about applying based on family ties with my husband.
Whoa! In that case, it's your own fault. You should NEVER accept a negative "decision" based on what some government employee verbally tells you. NEVER. You should have asked "Why? Based on what law? Can you please how me where on the Migri website it says so?"
It's common knowledge in Finland that Vero and Migir/Poliisi (immigration issues) will sometimes verbally tell you anything to get rid of you. I remember tens of threads about that in here.
Well, this seems to be the root of my confusion then, but it's strange because lady at poliisi was really nice and she gave me some form form my husbands employer to fill out...so she didn't get "rid" of me... But she did specifically tell me I will get rejected if I try to register my stay in Finland just based on the family ties. I guess I needed to know I need to specifically ask for a RP then (even though some people on forum told me there is no such thing as RP for EU citizens). Well, it all went fine for me, just needed to do more paperwork...