family reunification rules - income requirement

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Beep_Boop

Re: family reunification rules - income requirement

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Let's wait for someone more knowledgeable in these matters to comment.

Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Well, it might be nice if someone is sure about the answer. But in any case, we are sure OP can't get an unpleasant surprise like I did, and I got my EU Residence thing sorted out.

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:57 pm

I got married on 18th, I went to Poliisi on 21st of March with my marriage papers, I emphasized he's a Finnish citizen but I was told "No, you can only apply if your husband has a job and then we need this form filled by his employer". I got them the papers, and registration passed on 1st of April :P .

She said I can only apply based on family ties if me and my husband had previously lived in some other EU country together.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:12 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:I got married on 18th, I went to Poliisi on 21st of March with my marriage papers, I emphasized he's a Finnish citizen but I was told "No, you can only apply if your husband has a job and then we need this form filled by his employer".
It doesn't matter if your guy is Finnish, Taiwanese, American, or Saudi. If you ask for EU registration, then income requirements apply.
JK_Ironak wrote: But in any case, we are sure OP can't get an unpleasant surprise like I did
Income requirement wise, he probably won't. Just as you wouldn't have had the issue if you applied for Finnish RP.

Keep in mind one important part: You got your papers sorted out and all done in 9 days with EU registration. If you went for the other option, it would have taken many months.
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:46 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:I got married on 18th, I went to Poliisi on 21st of March with my marriage papers, I emphasized he's a Finnish citizen but I was told "No, you can only apply if your husband has a job and then we need this form filled by his employer". I got them the papers, and registration passed on 1st of April :P .

She said I can only apply based on family ties if me and my husband had previously lived in some other EU country together.
Hi, I guess in Immigration have 2 buttion for queue,
First one is EU registraion,
Second one is Fin RP (INFOR)

Which one did you choose? I guess u met EU registration dept, but you default though its Fin RP dept :)

As what I read in Immigration webside, apply RP based on family ties with a Fin citizen dont need finance secure, I also dont see the form you mentiined in this request profile.
Beep boop is right, you should check law and ask the Poliisi. Good luck!
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

JK_Ironak

Post by JK_Ironak » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 pm

I went through EU one. I came to this topic because it made no sense to me that police asked for EU citizens Finnish spouse to have a good job, but not to ask the same for non EU. I am still unsure if EU can even apply for RP, but it seems RP really doesn't have the requirement, while the EU registration has (unless one has lived with their spouse in another EU country before).

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Eu registration is the default option for EU cases. You have the right to apply for (non-eu case) residence permit if that is denied. My recollection from this board is that at least sometimes in some places the police have overlooked the income requirement also for the eu spouses of FInns, apparently on the basis that denying the eu-residency merely causes more burecratic work for pretty much the same end result.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:I went through EU one. I came to this topic because it made no sense to me that police asked for EU citizens Finnish spouse to have a good job, but not to ask the same for non EU. I am still unsure if EU can even apply for RP, but it seems RP really doesn't have the requirement, while the EU registration has (unless one has lived with their spouse in another EU country before).
Hi,i think abt your question (why law have that regulation), to answer it you should analyse the law :)
What law mention (which BBoop briefed) is very clearly. I believe a country like Fin the law is really the law, if there are some different between the poliisi answer and the law, you can ask them explain for you.

Your case is can not compare with the case of this topic bcz 1 apply for Fin RP, anotherappky for EU risgistation.
If law allow, you can apply for Fin RP only, then you will NOT need to prove finance secure. :)
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 pm

JK_Ironak wrote:I went through EU one. I came to this topic because it made no sense to me that police asked for EU citizens Finnish spouse to have a good job, but not to ask the same for non EU. I am still unsure if EU can even apply for RP, but it seems RP really doesn't have the requirement, while the EU registration has (unless one has lived with their spouse in another EU country before).
You chose to apply for EU one, of course they will not apply Finnish RP criteria but EU registration for your case, even you are married to a Finn => means you need to prove your financial support. If you go for Finnish RP, there will be no requirement for income security, no matter where you're from. Just simple.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:39 pm

Tarja2905 wrote:You chose to apply for EU one, of course they will not apply Finnish RP criteria but EU registration for your case, even you are married to a Finn => means you need to prove your financial support. If you go for Finnish RP, there will be no requirement for income security, no matter where you're from. Just simple.
Four pages of this thread and she still doesn't get that. For some reason, she thinks if she's EU then she can combine the two processes and get the best outcome; ease and speed of EU registration mixed with no income requirement of Finnish RP.