DEFRAUDED IN FINLAND, NEED HELP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:30 am

Dear all,

December period I tried to move to Finland with my family so I contacted a childhood friend to assist to guide us on arrival. Offcourse, , said he didn't have money to spend on us so I must come in with my money which I said no problem. All I wanted was for him to guide as a friend.
W knew way back at home from Childhood in Nigeria.

First, he collected rent 750e for 5months from us to get a house which he did but he didn't not pay the full rent (I have his admission on chat with me and other people)

During our stay, he borrowed 1000e from us again that he wants to move house which I borrowed since he is a friend.

By March, knew the trouble from the house was becoming intense so he asked that we should pack out of the house which I protested unless my money is refunded.

To cut the long story short,
My friend organised police to send us back home so he could retain those monies 2500e.

During all of this there were hostility from his wife to my family and untruthfullness from him. He never showed us where to get cheap things in Finland only expensive things because h wanted to money to Finish on time so w will be stranded. What for, we don't know.

Now him and his have barred us from all social media's, they are on the run now. Not picking people's calls. Funny enough to admits owing me money but doesn't want to pay and he is applying for Finnish Passport this month April.

Please if there anyone o people here who still have good hearts to assist us to collecting our money from this young man. I believe it is a crime to want to move to Finland or anywhere else in the world as we all have different reasons for doing so.

His name is Felix Afolabi and Tosin Afolabi +358466151302, LAUKKARINNE 6 01200 VANTAA, FINLAND.

His family back home are calling him, everybody in a out of Finland are calling him. He alway admits that he is owing money but don't want to pay. Please I kindly want peopl to help me ask him to pay my money. This is not a good way of life. You are in Finland and don't want others to join in.

A lot of people might think am framing this man up. You can email me privately or publicly even for more evidences. And if you like try to set me and him privately or publicly for us to defend ourselves. I hear ready. All I want is my money back and he can continue with this life.

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: DEFRAUDED IN FINLAND, NEED HELP

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Charles Bi wrote: Please if there anyone o people here who still have good hearts to assist us to collecting our money from this young man.
What assistance do you expect to get? If the other person is not willing to pay, you have no other legal recourse than taking the issue to court and having the state assist you in collecting if you prevail. If you have low income and assets, you can get legal aid to do so:

http://oikeus.fi/oikeusapu/en/index.html

If you have home insurance, it usually has legal insurance as part of it that would help you get a lawyer from the private market.
Charles Bi wrote: I believe it is a crime to want to move to Finland or anywhere else in the world as we all have different reasons for doing so.
It's not. I assume you have a typo here.

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 pm

@betegeuse and all, sorry was a typo error;

"Charles Bi wrote: correction
I believe it is (NOT) a crime to want to move to Finland or anywhere else in the world as we all have different reasons for doing so.

I have reported him everywhere i can, people have been calling him. Appealing to him to pay me back my money. He and his have remain shush.

Like I said, I am not just making this up to detsroy him but I am ready and willing to be interrogated as well to confront him if he is ready.

Thank @betegeuse for the link.

I am ready for those that will rein abuses on me here, no wahala but if I will get my money back. Am good.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:25 pm

If you have low income and assets, you can get legal aid to do so:
But only if he is "in the system" (having a residence permit). I don't think free legal aid is available for tourists.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:32 pm

rinso wrote:
If you have low income and assets, you can get legal aid to do so:
But only if he is "in the system" (having a residence permit). I don't think free legal aid is available for tourists.
You don't need a residence permit. If a Finnish court has jurisdiction, that's enough:

"Lisäksi oikeusapua annetaan 1 momentissa säädetyistä edellytyksistä riippumatta, jos henkilön asia käsitellään Suomen tuomioistuimessa tai jos oikeusapuun on erityistä syytä. "

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2 ... #a257-2002

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Many thanks people for your interest and support on this case especially @betegeuse. God bless you. Because we should not allow people like this to spoil the little remain good world we have. If they succeed in this one, they will want to graduate into the next and keep scamming people allover. Finland has a reputation for being one of the few countries with almost zero crime with a strong passport. Low lives like should not be allowed to rubbish that reputation

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:39 am

A Nigerian scammed a Nigerian :lol: :roll: :lol:

Funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Are you in Finland legally?

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 am

@Flossy1978
Very funny right???
Yes I was in Finland legally
And my visa is still valid.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 am

Charles Bi wrote:Yes I was in Finland legally
And my visa is still valid.
It is still not right, if you are in Finland on a Visa trying to set foot. Visas are for visiting, residence permits are for living (residing). So what's your plan for that anyway?

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am

@wolf80
What is not right?????
Can't I be in Finland with visit visa and process my stay via education or something else???

You think everybody who wants to relocate is a nonentity or taut?????

I no what is right to an extent okay?

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Ha ha.

You can't come on a visa and then decide you want to apply for a residence permit, with your family. For whatever reason. Be prepared to be shipped off home. I don't know how you even got a visa for a holiday, you must have lied or ommitted information in your application.

And forget your money. You defrauded the Finnish Government. You think anyone cares you've been defrauded? You are just the same as your friend. No pity here.

Charles Bi

Post by Charles Bi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:12 pm

@flossy1978

No need to bant words with you.
It's useless.

Cheers mate

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Charles Bi wrote:@wolf80
What is not right?????
Can't I be in Finland with visit visa and process my stay via education or something else???

You think everybody who wants to relocate is a nonentity or taut?????

I no what is right to an extent okay?
Well, no, you can't. A visa is for visiting. You are expected to come and leave at the end of the visa period. You are not supposed to rent an apartment for a longer period than your stay or look for work. You are supposed to come, spend your money, and leave. If you want to apply for a residence permit you have to do that from your home country anyway, you cannot do that in Finland.

For a residence permit based on education you need to have a study place and enough money to support yourself for the time of your stay. Then you can apply from your home country and see if you get it. If you previously violated the conditions of your visa and tried to stay in the country, it is very unlikely that you ever again get a residence permit. You violate the rules once, you'll always be a problem case.

For the fraud case, normally you would go to the police. And when you try to explain then why you tried to rent an apartment long-term while you are here only on a visa, the police will send you and your family back to your home country as you violated the visa regulations.
Last edited by wolf80 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Flossy1978 wrote: You can't come on a visa and then decide you want to apply for a residence permit, with your family. For whatever reason. Be prepared to be shipped off home. I don't know how you even got a visa for a holiday, you must have lied or ommitted information in your application.
There's a list of categories that allow one to apply in Finland. They are in Section 49 of the Aliens Act.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset ... 040301.pdf

However, studies are not one of them.
Flossy1978 wrote: And forget your money. You defrauded the Finnish Government. You think anyone cares you've been defrauded? You are just the same as your friend. No pity here.
Our government does and should handle each case on its individual merits. Any residence permit issues should have no bearing for the original matter.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 pm

wolf80 wrote: For the fraud case, normally you would go to the police. And when you try to explain then why you tried to rent an apartment long-term while you are here only on a visa, the police will send you and your family back to your home country as you violated the visa regulations.
There's nothing wrong with signing a permanent lease with a tourist visa. Tourist visas do allow you to be here half the time.