Residence permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mshouban

Post by mshouban » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi. Anyone of you or your known ones applied for work based resident permit with Espoo Police in first week of August 2015 and received the RP card? I am still waiting for my RP decision.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Residence permit application

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:03 pm

mshouban wrote:Hi. Anyone of you or your known ones applied for work based resident permit with Espoo Police in first week of August 2015 and received the RP card? I am still waiting for my RP decision.
The Aliens Act says it should be decided in four months. You should contact them to ask what's going on.

https://www.poliisi.fi/licences/processing_times

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm

My personal experience is that my first work-based RP took 35 weeks (about 9 months) between visiting the police station to getting the decision. At no point I was asked to provide more information or extra papers. Just purely waiting.
So I'd assume that's not unheard of. However, like betelgeuse said, I'd also recommend contacting them to see what's up.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

mshouban

Post by mshouban » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Espoo immigration unit said to me 2 months ago that we have only two or sometime 3 people which are working on RP applications so just wait

ilmainen_siideri

Post by ilmainen_siideri » Fri May 20, 2016 3:15 pm

Oh man, 10 months, seriously? Wow...
Did you finally get yours, mshouban, or are you still waiting?

I applied on Feb 22 2016 to Espoo police station and already worried about it being so long...
Älä huoli, olla onnellinen!

ilmainen_siideri

Post by ilmainen_siideri » Sun May 22, 2016 12:50 pm

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92571&p=561059#p561059

betelgeuse said:
I recommend that if your case takes over 4 months that you file a complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman. It's only requires filling a short online form so even if not much comes out if, it's worth the trouble.
http://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/Resource.p ... /index.htx
Älä huoli, olla onnellinen!