Ex wife and son want to return to Finland but how?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Ex wife and son want to return to Finland but how?

Post by bm50 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:45 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
bm50 wrote:So my ex must apply for her Rp in the country that she resides in now?
First you should decide whether you are going to be registering right of residence or applying for a residence permit. However, both can be done in Finland.
bm50 wrote: As my son is an EU citizen is it possible she could apply for shengen visa so she can enter Finland with him then apply for her Rp in Finland?
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/
Thank you so much again you have been very helpful! :thumbsup:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:20 pm

bm50 wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
bm50 wrote:So my ex must apply for her Rp in the country that she resides in now?
First you should decide whether you are going to be registering right of residence or applying for a residence permit. However, both can be done in Finland.
bm50 wrote: As my son is an EU citizen is it possible she could apply for shengen visa so she can enter Finland with him then apply for her Rp in Finland?
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/
Thank you so much again you have been very helpful! :thumbsup:
Hi again! What is the difference between registering right of residence for Non EU family member and residence permit for Non EU family member? Is the processing time quicker if a residence permit is applied for at the Finnish embassy abroad? Does the right of residence allow the person to work? Thanks again for your help! I'm just confused :)

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:39 pm

bm50 wrote:What is the difference between registering right of residence for Non EU family member and residence permit for Non EU family member?
For you it should suffice to know that you can't get the latter if you are eligible for the former. This means it's a question of facts and not choice (in your case the facts depend on who moves and with whom).
bm50 wrote: Is the processing time quicker if a residence permit is applied for at the Finnish embassy abroad?
From beginning of 2017 Migri processes all residence permits, so the application location should not make a difference (with the exception of delays for diplomatic mail).
bm50 wrote: Does the right of residence allow the person to work?
yes

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:59 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
bm50 wrote:What is the difference between registering right of residence for Non EU family member and residence permit for Non EU family member?
For you it should suffice to know that you can't get the latter if you are eligible for the former. This means it's a question of facts and not choice (in your case the facts depend on who moves and with whom).
bm50 wrote: Is the processing time quicker if a residence permit is applied for at the Finnish embassy abroad?
From beginning of 2017 Migri processes all residence permits, so the application location should not make a difference (with the exception of delays for diplomatic mail).
bm50 wrote: Does the right of residence allow the person to work?
yes
Hi, Thank you so much for the info it's clearer to me now, i'm most grateful for your help in this matter. Cheers :thumbsup:

doadeer

Post by doadeer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:22 am

If your son get Finland residence permit then she can probably apply base on her son's status. There is one permit for mother of a Finnish citizen - but of course not sure if yr son just have residence permit and not Finnish citizenship is that okay too. You can actually ask at pollisi immigration they probably answer you immediately as they are ones who approve such permits.