Residence Permit: two questions

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 am

Residence Permit: two questions

Post by yugi_oh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 am


I have two questions about student residence permit:
- If I start my master studies in city A, is this legal to live city B and work part time there?
- Is it legal not to register in my university for one semester in a year and work full-time instead in that semester?


Residence Permit: two questions


Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Residence Permit: two questions

Post by Rip » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:59 am

Relevant rule:
A student has a limited right to work

With a student residence permit you will have the right to work if such work is part of a traineeship required for a degree or is on a research paper required for the studies. You may perform other kinds of work for 25 hours a week on average during the academic term. The number of working hours is not restricted on a weekly level, which means that you can work periodically during the academic term according to your situation, so that you work for 25 hours a week on average.

You have full freedom to work at the times when your educational institution offers no instruction, that is, during summer and Christmas holidays. ... employment

Post Reply