We got married

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: We got married

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Peach7 wrote:For now, There are no tuition fees, but there is something about being able to cover your expenses for the studies, and it is around 900 euros per month (10800 euros per year) and you would need to have that ready for you in a bank account already before applying for the student visa. It is a requirement.
Student residence permit, not visa.
Peach7 wrote: Besides, they decided to add tuition fees for non EU students, starting from August 2017:
"Tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students
The Finnish Government has decided to introduce a tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students, starting from August 2017. This means that non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in autumn 2017 or after that, are subject to tuition fees. The tuition fees concern Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English."
http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuitionfees
These do not apply if you get the residence permit based on family ties.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:37 pm

I am not judging or doubting you, but as I read your post, a few things strike me as odd, and the embassy who refused you a visa probably found them odd too.

First, you say you are 23 years old and have been with your Finnish (husband) for "at least 4 years" - ok, so you were 18 when you started your relationship. But, you say you were "with" a Norwegian guy before that and tried to get a visa to visit him. So, you were what, 16 or 17 when you were with him? Seems kind of young for a Tunisian girl to be "with" someone (in the European sense) unless he was a penpal whom you wanted to visit? Also from the point of view of those who issue Embassies it might seem like you have a kind of a fixation with Scandinavia and they might translate that as a serious desire to get into Scandinavia - and stay there.

Secondly - you say that you are a medical student and have something like 4 more years of study left, and that you could have studied abroad but wanted to stay in your country etc. That is fine, but when you married this guy in Georgia, what was your actual game plan? I mean, you knew you have several more years of study, and you say you are happy to study in Tunisia, so why did you want to go to Finland in the first place?

Again, I am not judging you, but can you see that it all looks sort of odd. I mean, was it your plan to give up your studies in Tunisia and come to Finland with your husband? If so, would you not already have looked into continuing medical studies in Finland etc.? Applying? It all just seems a little strange, and I am guessing the visa issuers thought so too.

As regards working as a doctor in Finland - yes there is a shortage, but it still is not so easy to get your qualifications accepted, there is a huge exam, a practical, a sort of internship programme, a lot of language training etc. I believe it takes up to 3 years. A friend is a doctor (Finnish) and she told me it is very problematic.

Peach7

Post by Peach7 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 pm

biscayne wrote:I am not judging or doubting you, but as I read your post, a few things strike me as odd, and the embassy who refused you a visa probably found them odd too.

First, you say you are 23 years old and have been with your Finnish (husband) for "at least 4 years" - ok, so you were 18 when you started your relationship. But, you say you were "with" a Norwegian guy before that and tried to get a visa to visit him. So, you were what, 16 or 17 when you were with him? Seems kind of young for a Tunisian girl to be "with" someone (in the European sense) unless he was a penpal whom you wanted to visit? Also from the point of view of those who issue Embassies it might seem like you have a kind of a fixation with Scandinavia and they might translate that as a serious desire to get into Scandinavia - and stay there.

Secondly - you say that you are a medical student and have something like 4 more years of study left, and that you could have studied abroad but wanted to stay in your country etc. That is fine, but when you married this guy in Georgia, what was your actual game plan? I mean, you knew you have several more years of study, and you say you are happy to study in Tunisia, so why did you want to go to Finland in the first place?

Again, I am not judging you, but can you see that it all looks sort of odd. I mean, was it your plan to give up your studies in Tunisia and come to Finland with your husband? If so, would you not already have looked into continuing medical studies in Finland etc.? Applying? It all just seems a little strange, and I am guessing the visa issuers thought so too.

As regards working as a doctor in Finland - yes there is a shortage, but it still is not so easy to get your qualifications accepted, there is a huge exam, a practical, a sort of internship programme, a lot of language training etc. I believe it takes up to 3 years. A friend is a doctor (Finnish) and she told me it is very problematic.
I am sorry, but I haven't cleared things well. I said we have known each other online for 4 years, but we haven't been in a relationship. We have been friends then. I got together with my husband after breaking up with the Norwegian guy.
I wanted to visit Finland after we started a relationship and we wanted to spend time together, as simple as that. Our first plan was that I continue my studies here, and we would be visiting each other often, until I can move there after my graduation. But then we found out about the obstacles.. The Finnish embassy are doubting my intentions, and my country's legislation is making it hard for us to even meet.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Peach7 wrote:
Pursuivant wrote:One option, but then again it depends on the husband and job, is you two go to France, if its easier for you. Then use the "EU freedom of movement" as the rules are different. But if he doesn't speak French that kind of kills it. Then again, if you were studying in France and had an EU permit, you could visit Finland freely.
He doesn't speak French, and him moving out of Finland is not an option (because of his job, he would lose it if he did). :/
Well, read the 2nd part - if you went to study medicine in France, shuttling back & forth for either of you would be just to step on an airplane.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

inkku

Post by inkku » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:33 pm

OP is not from Tunisia, a person educated in French/Arabic would not write such kind of English. In addition to what biscayne wrote.

Peach7

Post by Peach7 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:01 pm

inkku wrote:OP is not from Tunisia, a person educated in French/Arabic would not write such kind of English. In addition to what biscayne wrote.
I'm sorry I didn't get your point?
If I'm not mistaking, you think I'm lying about the fact that I'm from Tunisia? It's quite interesting how people can get strangely judgmental.... People can speak English here. And other languages as well. Does the fact I can speak English makes me suspicious to you? Weird.
Here is a picture of my passport:
https://scontent-mrs1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57F1D310

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Ha ha, inkku, you stepped on a landmine there. I courted a french-tunisian girl once, their blood is harissa. :lol:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Peach7

Post by Peach7 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:02 pm

"their blood is harissa." :lol:[/quote]

True that! :D