Police calls me for interview 1 year after submitting RP app

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sagiterion

Post by sagiterion » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi,

I have started my business firm in helsinki. I applied for RP in December 2015. Yesterday I got a call from police and they have asked me to come to police station for an interview. Can some one help me with what really this INTERVIEW means. Immigration office had sent me few letters in last 6 months and i have replied to all of them accordingly but It feels strange why police has asked me to come to police station for an interview.

Any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Police calls me for interview 1 year after submitting RP

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:53 pm

If they want to talk to you about your immigration status, then just relax and prepare yourself to answer truthfully about your situation. They might have some reason to suspect that some of your papers aren't in order, so they're just verifying things.
Most likely you'll talk to them and things will be cleared up.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

leisl

Re: Police calls me for interview 1 year after submitting RP

Post by leisl » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:54 am

It's not a torture session, all they'll be doing is getting a feel for whether it all seems to be above-board. Perhaps there's something they didn't quite understand and just want to hear it from you. If you've submitted your papers correctly, you meet all the criteria for the RP, and it's an honest business, you have nothing to worry about. :) :)