Can I find a job as an English Teacher?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Bibi K.

Post by Bibi K. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:08 pm

Hey everyone! I am planning to move to Finland. My boyfriend is Finnish and I am Turkish but I am NOT a Muslim. Would my nationality be a problem? I want to work as an English Teacher. I have bachelor's degree of American Culture And Literature (4 years of studying) and I have a TESOL diploma from King George International Business College Canada. I have 2 years of teaching experience for adults and also children. Do I need master's degree to become a teacher in Finland? Would it be easy to find a job as an english teacher? Do you have any idea about the salaries? Thank you :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Can I find a job as an English Teacher?

Post by wolf80 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Your nationality is not the big problem. But you will have to speak Finnish at a very high level. And if you want to teach at schools, and not just adult education, you will have to go to study at university again as you need the pedagogy studies, and you actually need a Master's degree. So if you want to follow this path you have to learn the language and sit through several years of uni.