Expenses in Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mumboman

Expenses in Finland

Post by mumboman » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm

What would average costs of a monthly bus pass, internet service, phone service be. My contract covers my apt, electricity and I originally thought it was 2300 euro before being taxed, but they are going to back up the taxes on my first pay and it will be about 2300 euro after tax. What kind of gross salary is this. How much is it going to cost me for a tv, and stereo. I think that's about all I will need to live. The stereo being more important. Thanks again everyone

Expenses in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

richard berman

Post by richard berman » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:25 pm

A home phone you can get for 12€ a month line rent and 12c a call a min,mobile 69c month line and 69c min and text messages 69c each, internet service is 19,99€ a month and a tv licence is around 200€ per a year but stick with your music because Finnish TV is 90% s%@t .
Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net

sim

Post by sim » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:47 pm

richard berman wrote:A home phone you can get for 12€ a month line rent and 12c a call a min,mobile 69c month line and 69c min and text messages 69c each, internet service is 19,99€ a month and a tv licence is around 200€ per a year but stick with your music because Finnish TV is 90% s%@t .
I'd forget about the fixed home phone line, it's mostly a waste of money. Stick with a cellphone: your typical plan is around 6-10c/min for calls or SMSs (not 69c). Internet starts from €19.99/month for "broadband" and goes up to around €50-60/month for real broadband (10-24Mbps).

As with any country, you can spend any amount you want on a stereo system - it all depends on what kind of a system you're looking for.